Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Coming Together

Yesterday we bought baby furniture! How exciting! We finally found some furniture that we thought would match Grandpa Warner’s crib pretty close. It was exciting to think about decorating the nursery and thinking about where things are going to go. I still have a dilemma about what theme to go with, but I am getting some good feedback from what people like and don’t. I think by tomorrow or the end of this weekend I will have ordered something. We also put together the crib yesterday, well most of it, because we had to re-glue a couple of things.

Today we put the rest of the crib together and the stroller. I was tired of having a mess in the nursery, so I wanted to get everything put together (can we say neat freak)!

This week is the first week I have worked out 5 days and felt good everyday. Ever since I have been pregnant, I have been nauseated and so tired that getting a good workout in was hard. But now that I am finally saying goodbye to those wonderful pregnancy symptoms, I can get back to my regular routine. Today I also started a new goal: to walk 3 miles everyday. This is on top of working out 5 days/wk (combo of cardio and lifting). It actually works out pretty well because I can just walk the dogs for an hour and it gets me outside (which I love)!
I think my morning sickness is almost gone or at least I hope it is. I have had some trouble sleeping, but am just so thankful not to be nauseated 24/7 (or at least close to it). One more week to go till I start my 2nd trimester, YEAH:)

Before I forget I need to say congrats to Cassie & Jared H! Cass (who was my best friend from college) is due Aug 25! This is the news that when I found out about, that I couldn’t tell anyone until she told her family, and now I can jump for joy and tell everybody! I am so excited to go through this experience with such a close friend. Cass & I have done so much together and usually around the same time, so it was only fate that we would be pregnant at the same time and due 9 days apart! It’s also nice to have a “bump buddy!”

Side note: As of Wednesday's appointment (11 1/2 wks along) I have gained 5 lbs. According to my scale at home I have gained only a pound, so I am thinking my boots and coat probably didn’t help. I need to remember to wear light shoes and not snow boots (hehe)! Although, I am still fitting into all of my clothes, so I am super excited about that. Dr. P said the weight might be a little off since I hadn’t gone to the bathroom yet. He said, “Oh you could subtract a pound or two to account for not going to the bathroom before being weighed.” Adam chimed in and was like, “She doesn’t pee a pound and definitely not two! She pees all the time, so there is no way she can pee a pound” It was funny seeing Adam and Dr. P going back and forth about how much I can pee:) Nonetheless, I am feeling great and have been eating pretty healthy. Let’s remember that I am a health nut and seem to be a super health nut during this time.

I did this thing on facebook and thought I would post it on here. A person sent it to me so I filled it out. All you were supposed to do is write 25 random things, facts, goals, and habits. So here’s what I wrote:

25 random facts about me
1. I love yellow candy sweet hearts (yeah for Valentine's Day)!
2. I don't want to know the sex of my baby until it's born; however, most of the time I think I am having a boy and then I picture myself holding a girl, so who knows?!
3. I am addicted to my computer and Internet.
4. I never thought I would be a stay home wife/soon-to-be mommy.
5. My husband has a unique job and will be able to retire before he's 30!
6. I talk to my mom almost everyday and it's usually about nothing!
7. I wish I lived closer to family, but am very thankful for the life we have.
8. I am a very organized person and lose my mind if I have a mess! I think it's the only way I survived college.
9. I miss seeing my friends from high school and college, but am thankful that facebook has reunited me with many of them:)
10. I grew up on a farm with two older brothers, which believe it or not I really miss at times.
11. I absolutely love fruit and am kind of a health nut!
12. I still can't believe at times that there is actually a living baby inside of me. God can truly work wonders and is amazing!
13. Most people think I am very innocent, which I am. However, don't ask my husband, he says I put on an act!
14. I am having a hard time deciding what theme to do the nursery.
15. I never thought trying to figure out names for another person would be so challenging, but it's kind of fun. I walk around saying random names to see if I could live with saying it a million times over my lifetime.
16. I thank God over fifty times a day for everything He has blessed me with and give all the glory to Him. I am here because He so loved the world He gave up His only son!
17. I love animated movies. Need I say more;)
18. I still find it funny what my OB nurse told me right after she told me my due date (8/16), "You're going to be huge and it's going to be HOT!" Words of encouragement!
19. I feel like I have to go the bathroom all the time, thanks to this little one inside of me.
20. I love to travel and can't wait to go to Jamaica in March.
21. Although it's not one of my best professions, I like to think that I can cook and it taste good.
22. I wonder what it will be like when August comes, since this is Adam's busiest time of the year. A new baby, a new football season, and new parents.....what a combo;)
23. My life feels like a roller coaster right now. I have crazy high points and then cork screws and then climbing back up to the top of the roller coaster for a ride of my life on the way down. Did I mention pregnancy can do some crazy things to your body?
24. My goal in life is to be happy and live my life for God!
25. I can't believe I actually finished this.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstance, for that is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie, I went to the nursery web sites. These are the ones I favor, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Alphebet Soup, Dream Teddy, Sweet Dreams, 1st ABC's, B-Bear. I listed them in the order I liked them. I hope that you and Adam are having fun fixing up the nursery. I'm excited to hear that Cassie is also pregnant. It'll be fun to compare notes back and forth. I'll see you guys in 2 weeks. I'm excited about you coming. I love you both. Nancy