Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Silver Lining

Today has been a rough day. The amazing thing is that I have felt the best I have in a long time; however, emotionally it’s been hard. My dad called me last night to tell me that his dad is not doing very well; so today Grandma, Nancy, Susan, and Dad went to see him. I guess Grandpa has lost 12 lbs in a week, hasn’t opened his eyes’ and hasn’t been eating/drinking for 2 days. I pray that my Grandpa will go rest in the arms of our Father. I pray that he will no longer have to suffer and can just go rest in peace. The Dr.’s don’t give him very long to live (24 hrs; one Dr. did say he has seen people last for 2 wks in this condition), however they said the same thing about two years ago and Grandpa just kept plugging along. Nonetheless we will wait and see what happens.

Tonight I pray that everyone in my family will be at peace with everything. I pray that my Dad continues to be strong and know that he’s deeply loved by his family. I also pray that my Grandma continues to be strong in her faith during this hard time.

*Every cloud has a silver lining*

“But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, And He who formed you, 'Do not fear for I have redeemed you. I have called you by name; you are mine!'" -Isaiah 43:1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. We'll be praying that the Lord takes him soon and he can rest in peace. Hobo's is going in a few minutes to get a trim and I'm running a few other errands. May God be with you during this time. Nancy