Friday, January 23, 2009

What a week it has been!

Before I go through our crazy week; there’s somethings I need to say before I forget to mention them.

Two weeks before Grandpa passed away we saw our baby’s heartbeat. And now two weeks after Grandpa has passed we will be headed to the Dr.’s to hear our baby’s heartbeat. It’s such a blessing to see the true miracle of life.

I had originally decided I didn’t want to find out the sex of the baby. Ever since I’ve thought about being pregnant, I’ve just never wanted to find out. Then we got pregnant and I decided maybe I did want to find out. However, the morning I heard about my Grandpa passing away, I changed my mind (truly a woman right here-changing her mind all the time). Anyway, I talked to Adam about it and he said he was fine with it, but I had to make him a deal because he still really wants to find out. Anyway, it’s going to be so exciting when the Dr. delivers our baby and says, “It’s a ……….!” I can’t wait:)

Grandpa’s passing was hard on all of his grandchildren, because he was the only living grandpa we all had left.

I love being a McBride! I love how close the McBride family is and how much fun we have when we get together. When I go back to my parents, it’s hard to leave because I miss my family. I miss being a short drive away from mom, dad, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, and grandparents. My hope is when Adam is finished playing football that we can move somewhere closer to our families’.

Last week was kind of a rough week for some of our friends and family. The Hull’s dog passed away Monday, Adam’s old neighbor’s (Kathy and Bryson) up in WA had to have their dog, Maggie, put to sleep on Tuesday, and then Grandpa Cliff passed away on Wednesday. Maggie was a great dog, and she will be deeply missed.

Adam decided to write he’s going to be a dad on Facebook. So I decided it was time to tell all our friends too. I put “I’m going to be a mommy in August!” I had A LOT of responses:)

What a week this has been! We went to Grandma & Grandpa Carriker’s Thursday, then off to my parents on Friday. Most of Friday we spent at the funeral home with family. Later that night we headed to Grandma’s for supper. It was so nice sitting around reminiscing about Grandpa. Of course my family had to play a couple games of spoons before we called it a night.

Saturday morning was the funeral. The service was nice and it was great thinking about the life Grandpa lead. He was truly a great man who will be missed deeply. All my cousins’ were able to make it except for one who is serving in Iraq, which would have made my Grandpa proud because he served in the army during WWII. The burial was a military service. I think everybody said they were fine until Taps began to play. The Color Guard gave all of us grandkids a shell from the 21-gun solute. What a great keep sake for all of us. After lunch at the church we went back to Grandma’s just to visit. Grandma then told all of us that we could take a cap of Grandpa’s. My Grandpa had many, many caps and wore them all. I took the South Platte Blue Knight cap, because I can just picture Grandpa wearing that to all my games he came to (which was a lot). The other one I took was a 14th Armored Division cap. I took this one because Grandpa would always talk about his war days and he always enjoyed going to his Army reunions every year. While Jeff and I were picking out caps, one fell and hit me in the head. I could just see Grandpa up in heaven saying, “Stop taking all my caps!” Grandpa was a great Grandpa to all of his grandchildren and he really meant something special to us all. All of us were grateful to have known Grandpa the way we all did and I pray that he knows how much he touched our lives in so many ways. Grandpa- I can’t wait to see you later and have you meet your great-grandchild that I am carrying right now.

We headed up to Gina and Mark’s Sunday morning and stayed until Monday morning. It was great to see Aleah. I could have just held her all day long. She is a very good baby, however she is still trying to figure out her days and nights. Gina and Mark were exhausted, but happy we came to see them. It was a short visit, but a good one:)

Monday and Tuesday we just spent time at my parents (mostly with my mom and Jenna). It was great getting to spend so much time with our nieces this trip. Tuesday night we went to the movie “Yes Man.” It was good, kind of different at times, but over all it had a good meaning.

Wednesday we headed to Phil and Shannon’s. After dinner at Hu Hot’s we watched some TV and the “24” movie. Thursday Phil woke us up at 7:30, however we went back to sleep and didn’t get up until 9:50. I think we were both just so exhausted from traveling so much in a week. We finally made it home last night. It’s great to be home, but now it’s back to laundry, cleaning, cooking, and all the joys you forget about when you’re on a trip:)

I had been feeling really well for almost a week. I was only having morning sickness in the morning and then sometimes at night, but it was clearly getting 100% better. However, that’s not the case since about yesterday. Today has been the worst I have felt in a long time. I told Adam that I almost forgot what it felt like to feel nauseated; oh but now I remember:( It was great getting home and opening up our travel system for the baby. Looking at all the baby things we are starting to accumulate in the nursery, gives me butterflies and I can’t wait for this summer:)


~The closer we walk with God, the clearer we see His guidance.

No comments: