Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A new arrival to our extended family!

ALEAH GRACE
January 7, 2009, at 9:36 pm
7 lbs 10 oz, 21 inches long

We're soooooo excited to announce the arrival of our 4th niece! Adam's sister, Gina, and her husband, Mark, welcomed their 1st baby into this world last night! Gina and Aleah are doing great after a very long labor (39 hr, 21 min with no epidural, what a trooper?!). Other than finding out about the arrival of our new niece today (which I am so thrilled about), it was a very laid back day; which is just what I needed. Today I felt a trillion times better than I did yesterday. I was able to walk the dogs and do a moderate workout of my own.

Here's some random thoughts, on random day!
Here's a couple of things I keep forgetting to mention.

My sister-in-law, Angie, had the exact same due date with my little niece. She delivered her on the 22nd, so it'll be interesting to see when this little one decides to meet us! What are the chances we would have the exact same due date (I know the chances are 1 out of 365, but it's kind of crazy)?

I can't wait to take these wristbands off. I have been wearing acupressure wristbands to prevent and/or relieve nausea. Nonetheless, I wear them 24/7 and am ready for them "to be gone." Adam thinks I look like a Jr. High basketball player, wearing the cool wristbands and high socks:)

I finally got back to working out again this week. Started doing cardio on Monday and plan on starting to lift next week. It's great to finally get back to a workout routine. I haven't been able to do much since I seem to be nauseated and tired all the time, but decided it was time to get back into the swing of things.

"Stand up and praise the LORD your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting. 'Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise.'" - Nehemiah 9:5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie,

We're excited about you new granddaughter, Aleah Grace. we hope that thing are going better for you. I bet that you are excited about Adam going home today. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Angie,

We're excited about our new granddaughter, Aleah Grace. we hope that things are going better for you. I bet that you are excited about Adam going home today. We love you.
Nlancy