Friday, January 2, 2009

A Happy New Year!

As I sit here and think about how rocky our past year was, I just give thanks to how our year ended and can't wait to see all the blessing 2009 holds for us.

My prayer for this year is that each one of us will feel the hand of God working in our lives. I know that I have already begun to see this with our little miracle in the making; but I pray that I will continue to see His amazing works throughout the whole year.

To say I haven't been feeling the best might be an understatement. I have been miserable these past couple days. I feel sick all day and night. I am so happy to have this miracle inside of me, although my body is telling me something different right now. Adam has been above amazing! He is a true blessing from God and I give thanks almost every hour that God placed him into my life. Adam has been a trooper through all of this and continues to bend over backwards just to see me smile and know that I am ok.

Adam & I decided to drive to Columbia, MO, this afternoon and are staying the night. We both just wanted to get away from everything for a day; it's been a nice and much needed get-away. We decided to come to Columbia because Adam & I love HuHot's, and unfortunately they don't have one in St. Louis (yet), but Columbia does, so we thought it was a good excuse. Anyway, it's been a nice blessing to get away from everything for a little bit and have some nice one on one time. Thank you God for everything, especially for my family in the making:)

This has been a great way to start the New Year! May 2009 bring many blessings to us all!

"May the best of 2008 be the worst of 2009!" -Mrs. H

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was nice that you could get away and enjoy each other. We're looking forward to seeing you both in Feb. We're hoping that the morning sickness has improved or will be no more. We love you both. I've asked for all the time off while you're here. Take time to smell the roses and enjoy each other. God Bless!!!!