Friday, January 23, 2009

Moments that make you smile!

A sweet moment I forgot to mention.

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And the rains fall soft upon your fields,
And, until we meet again, may God hold you
In the hollow of His Hand.
-An Irish Blessing

This was Grandpa McBride’s favorite poem. He always would say it (or least the first part, which he could remember) to his family. My cousin, Terri, pointed out a sweet moment at Grandpa’s burial that just reassured us that he was watching over all of us. As all the grandchildren stood on the opposite side of the casket from everybody else; we could feel the wind at our back, the sun was keeping us warm, and the snow had melted which left the fields soft. A truly blessed moment none of us will ever forget. Grandpa- I’ve thought about you a lot lately. I sometimes will just stare at the picture of us in the frame that says “Grandpa & Me!” You touched a very special place in my heart and can’t wait to see you again someday:)

Here’s another great poem (thanks to Cass)

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

So Adam and I had to go pick up the crib that John & Keri so graciously sent us. Adam’s late Grandpa Warner made this crib and we wanted to use it for our kids. Anyway, so we had to go to the FedEx building to actually pick it up, because they tried to deliver it when we were gone and we had to sign for it. Nonetheless after waiting for about 15 mins for them to finally find it, Adam backed the pickup up to load the crib into the back. Mind you the crib was sent from Keri and John to us all the way from Montana. The only box they had big enough to put the crib into was a giant TV box. As Adam was going to lift the box in the back of the truck, the lady says, “Just in time for the Super Bowl!” Little did she know that inside of the giant TV box was not a giant TV, but instead it was a crib. Oh if she only knew our money has to go toward kiddos now and not new TV’s:)

Yesterday Adam and I went to “Paul Blart: Mall Cop.” We love Kevin James in King of Queens, so it was a must see for us. We tried to go Saturday night, but they were sold out, so we went to Babies R Us instead. Mall Cop=Must See=Great Movie. It’s funny and has a good underlying point to it. We went to Babies R Us again after the movie. We found the perfect dresser and changing table to go along with the crib; however the lady informed us we couldn’t get the dresser because it wasn’t in stock and they weren’t sure when they would get more. So frustrating. Oh well, we are going to check out some other places and see what we can find. We’re also trying to figure out nursery ideas. I am thinking we are going to end up doing something with animals/letters/numbers, but clearly after looking at so many they all start to look alike.

It’s so exciting to think about this summer; it’ll be here before we know it;) We go to the dr. on Wednesday and we should be able to hear the baby’s heartbeat with a Doppler tool. I can’t wait to hear it! It’s been like a roller coaster lately with me. I feel great one minute, then the next I need to eat, then I feel sick, and then great again. I think hearing the heartbeat will just remind me that it’s all worth it. I am so thankful to have this little bundle of joy in me and can’t believe how blessed I have been throughout my whole life. How can’t I give God all the GLORY for all HE has done! He’s Amazing! I pray that everything continues to go good for the baby and I. I pray that God has his hand over us during this whole pregnancy. Blessings for a positive Wednesday!

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. –Romans 12:12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie, I like the ABC'S, Bears, or the Stars for the nursery. They're all cute. You know that I like stars since they're throughout my house and also have my bear collection. The ABC's are cute too. You know that I love quilts and the country look. I just got back from a meeting at the hospital and also worked the week-end so this is the 1st time I've turns on the computer. Whatever you decided I'm sure the nursery will look great. Kathy was in the hospital over the week-end but is fine now. It was nothing serous and was tx. with antibiotics. I'm getting excite to see both of you in Feb. I Love You both. Nancy