Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Feeling like a "doorman"

Someone came up with a great analogy about being pregnant: Someone else is using my body as there home and I am simply the “doorman.” This explains exactly how I feel! I have definitely more good days then bad though, so I can’t complain too much. Plus every time I say how I am feeling people insist on giving me positive feed back such as, “You know that is a good sign!” This always makes me smile and give thanks right then and there for this blessing. Mornings and afternoons seem to be the rockiest for me, however as soon as I take a nap in the afternoon I seem to feel so much better. Nonetheless, I still give thanks for the miracle inside of me and am so happy to be pregnant!


On Sunday after church, Adam & I went to Babies R Us. I wasn’t feeling the best, so I thought it would be fun to go look at baby things to help my mood and stomach. Who knew it would be the miracle medicine?! We mainly looked at strollers and carseats; I have no idea why them, we just found ourselves learning a lot about our little babies ride! Looking around at Babies R Us was fun; seeing Adam play with the stroller and day dreaming about the many walks we’ll be taking with the baby and pups, brought a huge smile to my heart and face! We ended up buying two little toys for our little one. Monday I looked on the internet at different travel systems (carseat, stroller, and base sold as one unit).


On Tuesday, Adam & I decided on one that had everything we were looking for, so we went ahead and bought it. We kind of decided it was our first trimester big buy. It’ll be exciting when it comes in the mail.


Today I had to take Adam to the airport super early, so he could do his little traveling adventure. I miss him so much and it’s only been 14 hrs or so. I can’t wait for him to come back on Friday. This morning and afternoon were a little rough. I haven’t felt that nauseated in a long time (like 2-3 days!). After about a two hour nap this afternoon, I felt so much better. Amazing what these afternoon naps can do for me. Besides being nauseated and super tired, everything else seems to be going pretty good.


Today I also looked on line at different nursery ideas. We’re going to find out the sex of the baby and then do the theme around whether it’s a boy or girl, but I just wanted to look to get some ideas. I am so happy just to be pregnant and being able to experience all of these fun little joys along the way.


“Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.” –Psalm 37: 4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ang!

Your blog made me wonder what some cute nurseries might look like, so of course I had to search for some. Here was a website I found with some cute ideas. :)

http://www.parents.com/baby/nursery/nurseries/nursery-decorating-ideas/?page=7

Hope you're feeling better soon!

~Shannon

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon-
Thanks for the website. I find myself doing so many baby things on the net; it's so much fun & gives me something to do when I don't feel the best. We'll def. have to get your opinion when we find out what the sex is and narrow the nursery ideas down.
Hope everything is going well for you guys!