Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'll miss you Grandpa McBride!

Grandpa George Clifford McBride
October 8, 1920 - January 14, 2009

*May he rest in the Lord's arms' for eternity*

I am so tired right now yet have so much to say, but will have to post it at a later date. My mind has been going all day and there's been so much that has gone on today. (So much to share in my next posts)

Grandpa passed away this morning around 4. My grandma and parents were there when he took his last breath. It was nice to know that Grandpa wasn't alone when he died and he was just sleeping when it happened. All the family is doing well considering everything that is going on. It looks as if almost all the grandchildren will be able to make it back for the funeral, which I know Grandpa would have loved. He loved to farm, talk about his war days, and be with his family. He was a really neat man and has truly touched so many lives.

We are headed back to Nebraska tomorrow. We'll stop at Auroa to see Adam's grandparents for a night and then off to my parents. Grandpa will be laid to rest Saturday morning.

On a lighter note we are going to go see our new little addition, Aleah, on Monday and Tuesday. I can't wait to see Gina, Mark, and their baby girl!

Like I said before I have so much to write, but really need to get some sleep for my sake and the baby's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie,
I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa passing away. He'll be at rest,with God, and in a much better place. We'll pray that God is with your family during this time. We hope that you have a nice visit with Grandma and Grandpa Carriker, and that you're ready to play cards. I know that you'll enjoy your visit with Gina, Mark, and Aleah. Don't hold her or spoil her too much. The pictures they e-mailed are adorable. Please give her a hug and kiss from Grandma. Please drive careful on the wintery roads. May God bless you both during this time. We love you both and take care of each other. Nancy and David

Anonymous said...

Hi There! I'm glad that you got home safely. Angie, so glad to hear that the morning sickness is improving. Sounds like you had a nice visit with Gina and Mark. I bet that Aleah is a beautiful baby. I enjoyed talking with Adam yesterday. We're doing fine. David is working alot of overtime due to the weather. I hope that he doesn't have to work it while your here is Feb. Love you both, Nancy