Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I saw God today!






I saw God today! We saw our precious little miracle's heart beating away at 140 bpm! This morning was an amazing experience.

Our ultrasound was scheduled for 9:30 and when we got there they told us our ultrasound tech's dad had passed away the night before; however, they still wanted to do our ultrasound, so the Dr. would do it himself. Dr. P is great; he explained exactly what we were seeing. Adam's face was priceless when he saw his little baby's heart beating away. He was like "I see it, I see it!" I can't even describe the emotion I felt just seeing a little dot pulsating inside of me; God is truly amazing! We then had our appointment with the Dr. to go over our family medical history, decide on the hospital we want to deliver at, and what pediatrician we would like to use. This is all still so surreal to me; even after seeing my baby's heart beat. I stand in awe right now for God has done amazing things in my life!


Today we decided to reschedule our trip to see Adam's parents. We were suppose to leave on Friday, but we both thought it would be a good idea to push it back to a later date when I am not so sick. The Dr. gave me some anti-nausea medicine, however all I think it does is knock me out and makes me feel completely groggy. Nonetheless, I will not be taking that medicine anymore (unless I am really, really sick). Adam will take a quick trip next week to go see a Dr. (complete body check up from all the injuries) and then he will head to the Adidas headquarters (to get cleats formed for his foot that don't fall apart every game). I wish we didn't have to reschedule everything, but I really think this is probably the best thing for me and the baby.

I found myself looking at everything around me and giving thanks for how much God has provided for me. I saw God today in so many ways; what a true blessing all of this has turned into! I stand amazed!

Praise the Lord for He has done great things!

What an AMAZING way to end 2008!

"Shout to God with cries of joy." -Psalm 47

No comments: