Monday, December 8, 2008

A blessing from God

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." -1 Samuel 1:27

December 6th, 2008, will be a day that forever changed our lives; I found out I am pregnant! I had suspected that I might be, but I thought if I was it was too early to know for sure. I woke up Saturday morning and decided to test. I took the test and it came back negative. I threw it in the trash and went about my usual morning things. For some reason I decided to go back and check it one more time just to make sure I wasn't pregnant and get on with my day. So I went back and checked the pregnancy test and it was positive. I was shocked at what I saw and had no idea what to do. There were two lines! I instantly praised the Lord for the blessing He granted us. I went and worked out and fed the dogs; just the usual morning routine. I decided to take a different test just to make sure and it came back positive. I went about my day shopping for Christmas gifts and bought another pregnancy test. This time I bought a Clear Blue digital pregnancy test. When I got home I decided to take another one; just to make sure. And wouldn't you know it read PREGNANT! Okay so by this time I have taken 3 tests and still can't believe this is true. I truely stood in amazement of what God was doing in our lives. Later that night I headed to the wives Christmas party. By this time I am going crazy inside because I just want to tell someone, but I don't want to tell anyone until I tell Adam.

Adam left for Arizona on Friday and wouldn't be back until late Sunday. I didn't want to tell him over the phone and really wanted to make it special when I did tell him. I was the first person to the party and the host, Shannon T., and I started talking about her pregnancy and how she was doing. Before long one thing lead to another and she asked me if I was pregnant. I didn't know what to say or how to react, and nonetheless she put it all together. I asked her to keep quiet, which she did. It was hard to keep quiet with all the ladies asking about how the kid situation was going, but somehow I managed. Another wife, Shannon J., and I were standing and talking about how beautiful being a mother will be. One of the wives, Amy B., brought her 3 wk old girl, so her and I were holding her and talking about how great it's going to be to be a mom! I then asked her if she had any news and she said "No." And then she looked at me and asked if we did; I hesitated, which pretty much gave it away. Anyway, the night ended with only 2 girls finding out.

I was counting the hours till Adam would be coming home and I could tell him he's going to be a dad! The next day before I headed to church I took another test, and it was positive. In church I just praised the Lord the whole service. I didn't know exactly how to tell Adam, but then I thought of the perfect way to tell him. I wrapped up a photo of a baby's hand inside of a dad's hand. On top of the photo I wrote the verse from 1 Samuel 1:27. At the bottom of the photo I wrote "Congrats Daddy-to-be!" I also wrapped up 3 pictures of the pregnancy tests that I had taken. I wrapped each of these gifts into a big box with a tag that said To: Adam From: God. I also added a note to it. It said, "Hey Hubby- I love you so much and you mean the world to me! I know you had a rough day, so I thought you might enjoy an early Christmas gift. Hope you enjoy! Love you Babe, your wifey." This season has been long because the team hasn't been doing very well and Adam has been hurt lately. Later that evening I took another pregnancy test and it said "PREGNANT!" Yes, I know 5 tests and I still can't believe it! Is it really true?!

Anyway, I picked him up from Rams park about 11:30 and we headed home. When we got home he saw the present. He had no idea what was coming, which made it even better. He read the note and opened the gift. He then opened the photo which said "Congrats Daddy-to-be!" He just staired at me and was like are you "serious?!" I said nodded and he just hugged me. I had him open the photo's of the pregnancy test, whcih he thought was funny. We were wired from the excitement and could barely fall asleep. Adam was so funny; he just wanted to tell someone, but who? Today, Monday, December 8, I called the Dr.'s and we have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I still can't fathom that we could be expecting. I am super excited to go to the Dr'.s and find out all the details!

Thank you Lord for all of our blessings. I have been so blessed throughout my whole life and you deserve all the glory. Thank you for my husband, my family, my friends, my pups, and for guiding me through thick and thin. Jesus, I love you, praise you, and thank you for everything, especially this miracle inside of me!

No comments: