Saturday, December 27, 2008

Giving thanks, despite the circumstances

It’s been some rough days. Since about Tuesday I have been nauseated almost 24/7 and seem to throw up once a day. Yesterday and today have been better than the past couple days, but not by much. I know it’s hard to believe, but I am thankful for all these wonderful pregnancy symptoms. It’s such a blessing to be pregnant, so I think I can handle feeling sick for a couple months. Let me tell you there’s nothing like eating crackers and drinking water almost all day and night just to settle down my stomach:) Oh, just one of the many joys of being pregnant?!

Adam is in Atlanta right now. He plays his last football game tomorrow and then is completely done until March, when he has to report. I miss him like crazy; especially because he has been a big help around the house lately. He has taken over cleaning and helping out with the pups, since I haven’t felt like doing much of anything lately. Today I cleaned the house from all our company and went through all our pictures from the wonderful Christmas filled weekend! I am so thankful to be blessed with an amazing family.

On Wednesday we go in for our ultra-sound. We were suppose to go last Tuesday, but Adam had to work on his usual day off, so we changed it to this coming Wednesday. I will be just over 7 ½ weeks, so we should be able to hear the heart beat! I am so excited, I can hardly wait!!! Today I also heard some really good news, but I can’t share it quite yet, but will share the news as soon as I am allowed. Let’s just say it made my day!

It’s rained here almost all day long and not to mention it is also like 70 degrees! This is so crazy, it’s December almost January actually. I thought Nebraska had crazy weather, but I have never gone from freezing last
week to 70 degrees and humid today. Speaking of that, I kind of feel like the weather. Up and down and well pretty much don’t know what to do at times.

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” -1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about your little bundle of joy. This child is going to bring you so many more happy and wonderful memories. I can’t think of anyone more deserving and this child is going to grow up in a loving and caring environment. Congratulations and thanks for the updating on the news!

Bobby and Brett