Sunday, May 3, 2009

15 wks to go!

Wow, I can’t believe I only have 15 wks to go! It seems like I blink and there’s another week gone. Every time I think about August I get so anxious and excited to meet Baby C=) Oh, I can’t wait to hold this little one that has been growing and living inside of me. I have to be honest, lately I really, really have baby fever. Every time I hold a baby, I just melt and think about what it’s going to be like to hold my own baby. Is it August yet?

Friday we had a shower for one of the wives who’s due about 2 wks before I am. She has two boys at home and is now having a little girl. My baby shower is in a month and I’m so thankful to have the friends I do to do this for me. It’ll be nice to get fun baby gifts and then see what we still need before the little one comes.

Yesterday, I had a wonderful day with some of my girlfriends. We had a girls afternoon (husband and kid free). We had lunch at a cute littlecafé down in Old St. Charles. It’s a place I’ll for sure have to take friends and family when they come. We then went and saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. It was a good chic flick and a wonderful afternoon with the girls.

A little Q&A:
How far along? 25 wks!
Total weight gain/loss: +18 lbs.
Baby size: A big eggplant!
Maternity clothes? Yes, I can still fit into some of my regular jeans that were a couple sizes too big to begin with (and also low-rise). My regular t-shirts are beginning to really emphasize this basketball I’m carrying. Everyone keeps commenting on how small I look and how it’s all just going to my belly (thank goodness for that). Nonetheless, I love my baby bump=)
Stretch marks? Not yet and hopefully never!
Sleep: About 2 hrs of consistent sleep at a time, then it’s a bathroom break and flip to the other side. I have my pillows that go on both sides of me to cuddle with and keep things propped up! Oh the joys!
Best moments this week: When Adam got to see the baby move from the outside!
Movement: Yes! Every day. Baby C loves when Daddy reads to him/her and when mommy plays music for him/her. Baby C also let's mommy know when he/she is hungry.
Food cravings: Captn’ Crunch, Candy, and milk!
Labor Signs: No, and hopefully not for a long time! I did however have my first experience with Braxton Hicks this past week.
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Laying on my back! Being able to bend over and tie my shoes with out having to sit down on my bottom. I can’t breathe if I just bend over and try to tie them. I also miss something’s I do when I workout (run, abs, jump rope, etc).
What I am looking forward to: My baby shower and only having 15 wks to go until I’m a mommy! Most of all I look forward to holding this little one in my arms.
Weekly Wisdom: Still trying to watch how much I’m drinking after 6 p.m., to help with multiple bathroom trips at night. Don't buy munchy foods!
Milestones: A & I both feeling kicks every day and being able to see the baby move from the outside. That’s so crazy!

All of this is still very surreal and most of the time I feel like I’m living a dream and am going to wake up soon. I have a feeling it won't really set in until they put my baby on my chest and I see it's precious face for the first time=)

Oh ya, A just finished #2 mini camp (only 1 to go)!!! I can't wait to spoil him rotten on his birthday, because he deserves it!


“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace”-Ephesians 1:7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adam and Angie,
Adam, I wish you a Happy Birthday tomorrow and enjoy what Angie have planned for you. Sure wish I could be a part of it. Enjoy your special day. Happy Birthday # 1 Son

Angie, I hope that you have a wonderful Mother's to be Day next Sunday. We're excited about being grandparents to Baby C. Enjoy your 1st Mother's Day.

Nancy & Grandma