Sunday, May 24, 2009

Great days w/ A & 12 wks to go!

I'm blessed beyond belief; I really can't help but thank God almost every minute of the day! I wake up to two of the most precious things every day, a kiss from my husband and a love punch from our little one inside of me. God is Great and Life is Good!

Friday A and I had a great date night! It's been awhile since we went all out on our date night, so we decided it was time. We meet a couple at the movie, followed by HuHot's, and topped the night off with Coldstones! It was an AWESOME time and truly a great date. We went to Night at the Museum II: Battle of the Smithsonian. I thought the first one was good, but I thought this one was great; well worth the money! It was so nice to take the time to enjoy each other and spend some quality time together.

Saturday we savored the morning by feeling Baby C move all around. I think Baby C was giving A a high five! The other day A and I could feel Baby C fluttering its feet back and forth; it was so neat to feel! The rest of our morning and afternoon was full of working out, taking the dogs for a long walk, playing in the pool, going out for some breakfast food, and running to Target to grab this and that. Saturday night we went to church, had our usual Mexican meal, then a little sweet treat, and a night of 24! The pastor at church had a really good message that definitely got me thinking. He talked about what are the things we keep on our back and can't let go in order to really give our whole lives to God? My goal is to drop the extra baggage that brings me down and doesn't allow me to climb through the whole and give my everything to the Lord. We watched the last 4 episodes of 24. Both A & I were disappointed on how the season ended and now we will be forced to watch the next season, because they left so much open. Overall it was another great day and this weekend is turning into everything I could have only hoped for!

12 wks to go! This was for sure the first week I've started to notice the 3rd trimester kick in. Everything from having to wear a pregnancy belt, my increased appetite (I could royally eat a whole buffet at times-first time this whole pregnancy that I've felt like this), starting to waddle sometimes, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep, increased baby movements, and it's simply getting harder for me to move around this basketball I'm carrying. My blood work and tests came back this past wk and everything says that Baby C is healthy and growing just fine. A and I have figured out how Baby C is laying in my belly. At times you can feel it's little bottom pushing my tummy out. We love feeling Baby C do somersaults, kick, punch, whole arms moving along the inside, and high five! It's such a blessing from God every time I feel Baby C move. Today marks the day I will start to do "kick counts" regularly. I've been doing them here and there, but they say to really start them at 28 wks. I simply time how long it takes me to feel Baby C move 10 times, which usually takes a minute; Baby C is quite the mover now days. As far off as it may sound, I still can't believe there's a baby inside of me. It's unbelievable A & I are going to be a Mommy and Daddy in August; it's so surreal, but makes me smile so much every time I think about it! I'm so anxious to meet this lil one!

A and I decided that once the season comes we're going to go back to some of our old traditions. A's first season here we always made breakfast Tuesday morning and took the day completely off. It was so nice and relaxing to have a lazy day together. Last year we made sure to always have a date night during the week. We usually went to dinner and a movie. It was nice to take time for just the two of us during the busiest time of the year. This year we plan on doing both. We understand the importance of making time for our "new" family and the importance of making time to be just a couple. I'm really looking forward to Tuesday with our new growing family and Friday nights for the two of us.

“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”-Romans 15: 5-6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Sorry that we didn't get to see you while we were in Neb. It's my fault. It was probably the only time this year that I'd be able to see my Mom. You never know that it might be the last time I get to see her. She'll be 91 on June 8th. We had a nice visit and went out to Chinese food. Taylor and Dalton are sure going fast. They had great food and we played cards with the kids and watched a movies. Taylor and Dalton had a bowling birthday party to go to on Saturday afternoon, so that's when we spent time with Mom. She is doing fine. Wayne and Mavis are managing okey as along as they have someone coming in 3 times a week. A nurse come in on Monday to setup her meds. and helpers come in 2 times a week to clean house, bath, wash clothes, do whatever they want them to do for 2 hours at a time. They'll also cook meals and go grocery shopping if they need it. I cleaned all the kitchen cubboards while I was there and Dad did some yard work. I'm comfortable with this arrangement for now. At least they won't be there 2 weeks at a times without someone checking up on them and making sure everything is fine. I hope that you have a nice baby shower. Thanks for the invitation. They are cute. Love you both. Adam, I hope that your working out is going okey and that your shoulder isn't bothering you anymore. It sounds like you're become a excited father to be. Sorry about not being able to see you, but I always enjoy talking with you on the phone. I love you very much and miss you a lot. Here is our special hug I sending you. Mom.