Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Uncomfortable Feeling & Unplanned Dr.'s Visit

It's been a rough couple days on me and it's starting to wear me down. I have to vent a little here, but don't worry I'm in good spirits. Just have to get somethings off my chest.

Last Thursday I started experiencing some cramping and told Dr. P about it on my Friday appt. He thought it was due to me still doing squats, lunges, and leg exercises, so I decided to stop doing those. Over the weekend I felt pretty good and then Sunday night I started to get really uncomfortable. My lower back began to ache (which it hasn't to this point) and I started to get cramps in my lower abdomen. I didn't think much of it until I didn't sleep well and woke up with some cramping and pressure. I went to the gym to do my normal workout, which somehow I managed to get through (an easier version of it though). Later A & I took the dogs for a 20 min walk, in which I thought I was going to die at the end from cramping and severe pressure. I'm very anti Dr/medication unless I see an immediate need for it, and well A knew it was bad when I called the Dr to see what I should do. They wanted me to come in tomorrow afternoon to check everything out.

Today I attempted to do some cardio and ended up in the recumbent bike for a little workout. We went to the Dr where I was tested for a couple things and well here's what we've come to conclude: I'm not dilated at all (what a huge relief); the baby might be positioned in a way that is very uncomfortable to me, which in turn is causing the cramping and pressure; they would like me to wear a pregnancy belt from here on out to help with the stretching of my lower ligaments, this should help alleviate the cramping and pressure possibly too; and I'm on an antibiotic to clear up some discharge problems. So in a nutshell: I'm probably just going to be uncomfortable for the next couple months. Although Dr. P didn't not flat out say this to me, I kind of caught his drift.

I guess I spoke to soon, when just last week I was feeling great and was amazed how well my body has been doing with the extra weight and all the different changes. It really does seem like just 4 days ago everything was a-ok and now I'm uncomfortable all day long. I feel best when I'm sitting with my legs up, but find that even then I still have pressure and cramping that happens, but not as much compared to when I'm on my feet. Nonetheless, I'm just happy that I'm not in labor and everything is okay with the baby. I pray that the cramps, pressure, and pain will subside soon and I can return to my jolly ol' self.

A started his first OTA's today. In less than a month he'll be done with football for about 6 wks; this will be just in time for us to finish getting ready for the baby. He starts training camp July 30 and our lil one is due the 16th of Aug! What a crazy time this will be?!

We'll see what the rest of this week has in store for us.

“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”-Galatians 2:20

No comments: