Sunday, May 17, 2009

Baby Basics & 13 weeks to go!

Here's the difference in 20 wks:

Today A & I went back to the basics, baby basics that is. We learned how to care for our new baby's basic needs. It was a good class that prepared us with the skills necessary to meet Baby C's needs. It was great to refresh ourselves on basic care. I'm really glad we took advantage of the class and think we both benefited from it. While we were there we signed up for a Breastfeeding 101 and the Holistic Childbirth Education Class, both of which we'll take in June. Signing up and taking these classes is a great reminder of how close we are getting to Baby C meeting the world. Oh, I can't wait to meet this little one!

I can't believe in less than 13 weeks I'll be a mommy!!! We've been brainstorming boy names like crazy lately, well actually I come up with some names and A says "yeah or nah." I have a new boy name I like and well would be happy if we went with it. I think we're going to go in with 2 boy names and then decide from there. Baby C has been really active lately, which is a constant reminder to me that everything is okay. A tells me how much I love feeling him/her move and I really do, because it helps ease the stress that expecting moms have about there baby.

We had a pretty laid back weekend and were able to get lots of sleep last night. Our sleeping in days are less than 100 now days, so we really try to take advantage of laying in bed and watching some TV before getting our day going.

One of my friends from high school just had a baby last week and it was the craziest story ever. She had no idea she was pregnant until she was in labor. She said she was on birth control, had normal periods, put on some weight but thought it was because she hadn't been very active, and she carried the baby in her back, which is why she didn't feel it moving around. It was crazy talking to her, because I couldn't believe she had no idea. I am baffled and told her she should go on the Discovery Health show "I didn't know I was pregnant!" Nonetheless, she is blessed with a little baby boy and the whole family is doing great. Amazing how God has a plan for each one of us, despite what our plans might be for ourselves.

“The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.”-Hebrews 1:3

No comments: