Friday, May 15, 2009

Glucose Test & Great Dr Appt

Today started off a little rough. It was a long night for many reasons and then both dogs and A got sick last night, so this morning A and I had to clean up the dogs before heading off to the dr's . An hour before I was suppose to have my blood drawn I had to drink this "flat pop," so they could measure my blood sugar levels. After cleaning the dogs up, drinking my "pop," and getting ready we were out the door for our appt.

All went well at the dr's, here's the basics from today's appt: up 20 lbs (2 lbs since last time), Baby C's hr was 140 bpm, and my bp is 116/54. When Dr. P found Baby C's heart rate it was really amazing how strong it is getting compared to the months before. Our little one is growing so big! A's face lite up when he heard his baby's heart beating so strong. I think the baby already has him wrapped around his finger. They'll call next week with the blood results; although we anticipate everything to be great. I go back in a month and then after that it's every two wks! It's getting so close and am getting beyond excited just thinking about August!

After the dr's I headed to the gym. I was told today to steer clear of lunges, squats, well pretty much any leg workout until I have Baby C. Dr. P said I can continue to do my regular cardio and arms, but to limit my workout to just those two. Nonetheless, I'm feeling great physically and can contribute that to exercising and eating well.

A & I went out to eat this afternoon for out date. We enjoyed some Longhorn and went shopping at Sam's afterwards. At Sam's we bought a couple lay out chairs to put by our pool and lots of fruit. The chairs almost didn't fit in the back of the pickup, but some how A & I made it work.

Overall, it's been a pretty good day especially considering how it started! Oh ya, it's super HUMID and HOT today; hello summer!

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” -Psalm 139: 13-14

No comments: