Wednesday, April 22, 2009

NE Weekend, 23 wks, Rambo 2, Popped

What a crazy week it's been! Now it's time to recap this craziness in a nutshell!

Wednesday (4/15)- We headed to Omaha, where we met up with Phil and his new boss. This night we headed to HuHot's to meet up with old friends. It really felt great to be back in NE and visiting with friends.

Thursday (4/16)- A and I worked out on our mini-vacation (kudos for us). We met up with A's agents later for a really nice supper. It was great to see them and be treated to a wonderful evening of great food. My parents got into to town and met up with Phil and Shan while we were eating with the agents. Later that night we all met up and talked at Phil and Shan's. It was so great to see my parents and PJ and Shan.

Friday (4/17)- A was supposed to meet some people in Lincoln, but it got canceled; so he got to spend the day shopping with my mom, my dad, and I. We went to Toys R Us, where A found a "bringing home lil boy outfit." My mom is such a dear and wanted to buy it! She's so happy for us and I think she loves the fact that she's going to be a Grandma again. After a great day of shopping we went to 17 Again and ate way too much popcorn and candy! Oh but was Baby C happy! The movie had a good meaning and I would recommend to others. Later that night my mom and I watched Grumpier Old Men, while the others went to test their gambling luck!

Saturday (4/18)- My mom and I had a great "Mother-Daughter" day! We went out for brunch and then headed out to shop. At Sam's we found some good kid books for great prices. It was nice to walk around and take our time in Sam's, because this never happens. I rarely go shopping and when I do it's to get certain things and get out. My mom and I enjoyed some ice cream and a cold drink from Sonic. Oh so good and sweet! We also went to Barnes and Noble, where we bought Baby C some more books! We then ended our shopping day, by heading to the mall. We went to Motherhood. I found some great deals on some maternity clothes! The boys had a great time at the game. They got to sit in 3 different sky boxes and ate lots of yummy food! I think my dad had a great time and it will truly be a day he won't forget. After the game we met up with Cass, Jared, Nate, Christi, Brett and Bobby. It was so great to see and catch up with Cass! We snapped some shots of our bellies and shared our different pregnancy stories. The visit was short, but it was so great to see her. My mom and I went to another movie (Adventureland), however unlike the night before, this might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I think I dozed off for a couple minutes, because it was so bad. Nonetheless, it was a great day. I was so thankful to be able to have a wonderful day with my mom and to get to see some old college friends.

Sunday (4/19)- Only 17 wks to go! After brunch at Crackle Barrel, A & I were off to St. Louis. We picked up our 2 little furry kids and unpacked from a great weekend. Overall, it was a fantastic trip to NE and I am so happy that I got to see my family and friends.

Monday (4/20)- Rambo turned 2! Today we got back into our normal weekly routine. We hosted bible study again; we had a lot more people this week compared to last time, which is great. There is truly nothing more rewarding then having a Christian based relationship/marriage. Today
I had a undershirt on that I work out in and it only covers half my belly now. A looked at me and said, "Angie, I think you've popped. Like over the weekend!" How sweet is he (lol)?!

Tuesday (4/21)- Went to the dr. this afternoon (details below). After the appointment we headed to break in the new HuHot's, which opened up about 20 min from us. The closest one used to be an hour and half away
, so nonetheless A is in heaven. We topped off the great afternoon with some Coldstone's ice cream:) (oh so yummy)! It was a true treat, because the Coldstone's that used to be by us, has now closed:( (however, this might be a good thing). Grandma McBride started radiation treatment today. I guess all is going well thus far and she is in good spirits.

Wednesday (4/22)- This afternoon has been a little rough and I really have felt uncomfortable. I've felt sick, hungry, tired, out of breathe, hot then cold, and the list could go on. On a positive and happy note we signed up for baby basics class! I think this class will be very beneficial to both A & I. We're still looking for a good child birthing class.

Pregnancy Notes-
*I'm finally looking pregnant. *I've popped according to Adam. *My mom and dad were able to feel the baby move. *The baby kicked so hard that Adam's hand actually moved. *The baby loves listening to music at night and having his/her daddy read to him/her. *I'm considered disabled according to the airlines, so A & I got to preboard! *People that didn't know I was pregnant, have started to notice and ask questions for the first time. *I have massive leg cramps at night and I think I even pulled a muscle in my calf. So I now eat at least 2 bananas a day and a whole glass of milk. Hope this helps, because "Charlie Horses" in the middle of the night are killer. *My next appt (5/15) is to test for gestational diabetes. I have to drink this nice glucose substance and then have my blood drawn. I'm praying for great results! *Finally feeling pretty good most of the time!!!

Appt Notes-
*Up one lb. since last appt.
*Baby C heartrate= 152 bpm.
*My belly is measuring 23-24.
*Bp 114/72
*Overall, everything is looking good and the Dr. said he could still see my triceps (sweet)!

"Stand at the crossing and consider where your lives are heading." -Jeremiah 6:16

No comments: