Sunday, April 5, 2009

Amazing Palm Sunday Service & 19 Weeks To Go!

On Palm Sunday we remember how the people were waving palms high in the air as they celebrated Jesus' arrival. Shouting "Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna!" Yet, by Friday they were demanding His execution. What followed was a brutal tale of torture, ridicule and grisly murder that no one should ever endure, let alone Jesus. And then something happened that no one expected. And it changed everything for eternity.

Our preacher started off by asking us "What does the cross mean to you?" To me it means the Lord Our Savor died on the cross for our sins. To think about everything that He endured for us it is....., well to be honest, it leaves me speechless. He endured more pain and torture than we could have ever handled ourselves and He did it all for us. Today the preacher tied so many things together for me and I truly felt overwhelmed as I sat and took of the body and blood.

I was so touched today at church that all I could do was sit in awe and give thanks! We were challenged to "Remember" this week. Remember all that God has done for us and the biggest sacrifice He made for us. I pray that I will remember this week and for the rest of my life. I pray that I take a little extra time to challenge myself to be a better christian and to bring my child up in a home knowing and loving Christ.

I cant believe I only have 19 more wks to go! It's so exciting to think about the first time I will get to hold our sweet baby. The past couple days I've felt great and I absolutely love feeling Baby C moving around! I can tell as the weeks increase, so does this little one's strength. Each day I keep feeling the baby a little more and more. Oh, if you could only see the huge smile on my face and in my heart.

Last night I had the craziest dream and can't really figure out if it was all in my dream or if some of it was really happening. Here's my dream in a nut shell: I was at a swimming pool with friends and family and for some reason I really wanted a life jacket to wear. So I went to get one and while I was checking it out the lady was talking to me, but I kept moving and laughing because the baby kept moving around. The lady asked me if there was something wrong and I just kept laughing, because it felt so amazing and I was tickled by the thought that I'm going to be a mom! Anyway, I think the baby was moving around like crazy last night and it just translated into my dream (which is pretty cool)! Let's just say I kept waking up a lot, because Baby C was moving around so much! I think Baby C just enjoyed watching basketball last night and was still riled up because mom was pretty psyched about the games because she has a really good chance of winning some $$ (which she would spoil the baby with)! Here's some pics of the new curtains in the nursery:









Adam is finished with his first mini-camp! He said it went well and I think the new coaches are a good change for this team. In a couple weeks they come out with the schedule and it will be interesting to see when the preseason games fall.


I've been working on Adam's b-day gifts. I can't believe he'll be a quarter of a century in a month and a day! When he turns 25, I'll be 25 wks along (what are the chances)! I really can't wait to spoil him rotten, because he truly deserves it. He's been amazing through this whole pregnancy and is always willing to help out whenever.

On Saturday, 'blond highlight Angie' went back to her 'beautiful brunette color' and I love it!


Here's a funny cartoon of how I kind of feel right now. I can still wear some of my jeans that were way too big and also there low rise, so that helps too.

“Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”-Hebrews 12:2

No comments: