Sunday, April 26, 2009

1st Cards Game & Happy V-Day!

It seems like it just happened over night, but the humidity is here! It's only April!!! Within 3 days it has gone from 60, 70, 90 and humid! The joys of living in the mid-west:) There's been more than once when I've looked at A and said, "It's going to be a long summer!" He just laughs and says, "I know!" Poor guy;)

Friday A and I had a wonderful date night! We registered at Target, went to Obsessed (good movie), and had some yummy Mexican food! Well, at least A had some as I sat and let my stomach settle down. Baby C and I were still having issues tasting the buttered popco
rn & gummy worms from the movie, so food did not sound good at all. I've noticed as I get bigger, I really can't eat very big meals without feeling like my insides have no where to go. I average about 5 meals a day, but now they've begun to shrink because I can't eat too much at once or I feel like I can't move.

Saturday was a great day with my hubby and friends. Yesterday we went to our first Cardinal Baseball game. Molly B threw a surprise birthday party for her husband
Josh, by renting out a suite at the Card game. After a run around to get our tickets and get in, we made it just in time for A to see the Rams 1st round draft pick, Jason Smith. The suite was almost right behind home plate. It was supper nice because you could be inside or outside and get the full effect of being at a baseball game (minus the sun and heat)! Towards the end of the game the Cards had the bases loaded when Pujols stepped up to bat. Pujols is the only Card player I even know of because he's their All-Star (royally)! Anyway, the first pitch he hit for a GRAND SLAM! It was awesome! They ended up winning 7-1. We had a great time with our football friends and there's nothing like seeing your 1st Card game in a suite and seeing a Grand Slam!











Today marks V-day! 24 weeks means I've hit the viability marker in this pregnancy! This me
ans that Baby C has a chance of survival outside of the womb. While I would never want Baby C to come this early, it's nice to know that I've hit this point in my pregnancy. The chance of survival at 24 weeks is 10-40%, but the risks of having health problems is high. I can't believe I only have 16 weeks to go before I get to meet Baby C! I'm beyond what any words can express!

Between grocery shopping, laundry, walking the pups, going through pics and then going through the "pile," I've had a very productive day. Today has been full of get this done and that finished. Between birthdays, Mother's Day, graduations, weddings, baby shower, and thank yous, I think Hallmark just made a killing off me. I filled out 11 different cards today and can't believe how busy the month of May has become. I did find a bargain on some cards though (44 & 88 cents); awesome, esp when you have so many to buy!


Pregnancy notes:
I've been reading up on Baby Wise; hoping to have a good handle on what A & I want to do when we bring home the baby. I feel as if I am studying for a big exam and trying to cram as much information as possible before the big day comes. Once the big day comes it seems like almost everything you learned goes out the window expect for the things you really think will work and then that's what you'll use (or at least this is what I think is going to happen). So between books, magazines, and people's advice we have our fair share of info to pick and choose from. The joys of getting ready to be a first time parent! The baby is moving like crazy. Baby C loves listening to music at night, having daddy read to him/her, and waking mommy up in the middle of the night. There's not a greater blessing in the world right now then feeling this precious baby move. Today the baby officially kicked my lung. I was washing off our dinner plates when all of a sudden I almost collapsed grabbing my side. I really didn't know what had happened, but I just bent over in so much pain. A was there to help get me back up and make sure I was okay-what a great hubby:) Thanks to swelling and extra fluids, I've started to notice the wonderful cankles I am getting. Just one of the many joys of being pregnant! However, my leg cramps have disappeared for the time being, so I am super excited about that! Maybe the bananas and glass of milk are helping?! I've had some cramping here and there, but nothing serious. I know the cramping is from my belly stretching and growing! A is having fun coming up with sayings he thinks I should post on here. Here's his latest one, "You're not fat, you're just pregnant honey!" Gotta love 'em right?!

“He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.”-1 Peter 2:24

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well. No new news here. Everything is the same. I'll write more later. Nancy