Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Still going strong, but where is this wt going?!

Today has been busy, but oh so great! We heard God again today:)

After a good workout this morning, a quick shower, and lunch it was off to the dr.'s. Dr. P found the heartbeat right away again (it was in the exact same place as before). Baby C had a heartbeat of 148 bpm. It's funny because it was 140 at 7 wks, last time it was 160 (however he only took it for 15 sec, so it could have been off) and today he took it for a full minute and it was 148. Who knows?!

So I'm completely baffled, really I am. Here's what happened today that left me baffled. I forgot to ask how much weight I had gained (according to their scale not our's at home), so I called the office after I got home and they the lady said "8 lbs." I then asked her so total 8, and she said "No, just from last time." So I proceeded to ask her so 13 total and she said "Yes. Don't worry it will slow down." Okay, so it's not the weight that baffles me right now, it's where is it all going? I am still in my reg clothes and am still pretty small in my belly. Dr. P didn't say anything, he even made sure I was gaining weight because I look small, so who knows?! Anyway, I am baffled and really don't understand how I've gained so much so fast. Although my thinking is that I heard her wrong or she read wrong. I guess we'll see next time we go in and I'll have to monitor better at h
ome. However, I think based on what I've weighed myself at home before I only weigh 8-10 lbs at most more. So, something is really weird. I even weighed before we went and I was only up 7.5 lbs from what I was before I was pregnant. Other than my being baffled, the dr. visist went great and everything looks like it's on track. I go in March 24th for the big ultrasound! I can't wait to see what Baby C is up to. And in less than 3 wks I should expect to feel the little one punching and kicking, which is going to be so exciting. Nonetheless, going off our scale and the scale at the gym I have only gained 8lbs.

Today it is absolutely gorgeous here. Almost 70 degreees and no humidity. It's truly been an amazing day all around. The nursery painting is almost done too, yeppie! Tomorrow the trim wall paper goes up and then it's done:) I will post pics once we get some more things done to it.

We are headed to KC tomorrow night and will be there through Sat for PJ's birthday. We are meeting him and Shan for what will be a great couple days full of fun and water:) And on Monday we are off to Jamaica. I can't wait to have a vacation where it's just my husband and I. I also can't wait to see the beach and feel the sand between my toes:)

“Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.”-Matthew 22: 37-39

No comments: