Monday, February 9, 2009

First Trimester Milestones

First Trimester Milestones
* First Positive Home Pregnancy Test:)
* Getting to tell my husband he is going to be a Daddy!!! His face was priceless when he opened the early Christmas present and figured it all out.
* Five additional pregnancy test just to make sure and a Dr.'s visit!
* Realizing that "I am going to be a Mommy"... Me? Really?
* Getting to tell our parents they are going to be GRANDPARENTS!
* Experiencing the joys of morning sickness. I am still enjoying this unfortunately:(
* Getting sleep for 11 hours, waking up and still being tired! Thank goodness I can take afternoon naps.
* Receiving the first baby gifts during Christmas!
* Having our first ultrasound! We got to see the baby and the heartbeat flickering away. I saw God that day!
* Making our first "Baby Purchase," a travel system (car seat, stroller, and base)!
* Hearing our baby's heartbeat for the first time with a Doppler! It's amazing all the emotions that you go through when you hear that little sound!
* No longer being able to sleep through the night without getting up to use the bathroom.
* Dreaming about what our child will be names.
* Making our third "Baby Purchase," the rest of the baby furniture to go with the crib that Grandpa Warner made!
* Deciding on the nursery theme "Spelling Bee!"
* Making our second "Baby Purchase," the Spelling Bee decorations for the nursery!
* Getting to experience the many tears and cheers of joy, frustration, happiness, sadness, anxiousness (thanks to the wonderful hormones)!

Saturday was another rough day for me, but we managed to have an enjoyable night. Church, supper, and a movie; it was a great date night. We went to “He’s just not that into you!” It was good a chic flick. The past couple weekends Adam and I have saw all the top film’s for that weekend. It’s nice being able to go do all these things and not have to worry about a babysitter yet. Like I said before, we are taking full advantage of being just the two of us right now, but we are super excited for it to be the three of us soon. We ended up watching another chic flick Saturday and stayed up until 1:30. I can’t remember the last time I stayed up past 11:30. We watched the “Notebook.” I had wanted to see it ever since it came out, but never did. And then after browsing through the guide to see what was on, I found it. It was truly a magical love story!

Sunday I felt much like I did Saturday. This morning sickness is just kicking me in the butt right now, but I know it’s for a good reason. I also think I have officially popped. I can still wear all my regular clothes still, but I think my baby bloat has finally turned into just baby. Adam enjoys rubbing my belly and talking to the baby everyday. I love the magic we feel when we think about our little family and how it’s growing. God is truly amazing and we are so thankful for this bundle of joy.

Today I am still not feeling 100%, unfortunately I seem to be going the opposite direction from where I thought I was headed. With this new trimester I was expecting to feel a lot better, however I still haven’t felt better or at least the way I thought I would. Nonetheless, I am happy to be done with the first trimester and even happier about having a little miracle inside of me! God is great and amazing and I am blessed by Him each and every day!

“He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.” -Proverbs 21:21

No comments: