Thursday, February 19, 2009

Trip to A's Parents


Just a funny cartoon that made me laugh!


A summary what I’ve been up to for the past week:

Our flight to Seattle was one that I couldn’t wait to get off. Not that the turbulence was bad, it was the fact that I felt terrible. I don’t even know if terrible can describe how I was feeling. My ribs felt as if they were being pushed outwards (it’s the best I can describe it-nonetheless it hurt like heck), I had a severe headache, and it was the first time I have ever felt closter phobic. It was four hours of my life that I wish to forget. Random note: I watched a movie on the plane about the engineer that invented the windshield wipers. He took Ford to court, because he said they stole his idea (which they really did). In the end he was awarded 18.5 million dollars for his invention.
We finally made it to Kennewick about 4:45. Adam’s mom had prepared us a nice meal to eat (chili and cornbread). It was delicious, however the baby had something to say about it. Let’s just say “I had heartburn radiating from my knee caps!” (aka a famous line from the movie “Juno”)! I was just telling Adam and my mom how I haven’t had any heartburn what’s so ever, and then bang (or burn) here it came. The fact that tums did nothing to help elevate the reflux really topped off how most my day had gone. We played some cards after dinner and Adam got lucky like always. When we played hearts he never took the queen once, darn him!

Saturday we went out for breakfast and just spent the day hanging out. Kathy and Bryson came over for supper. We played Dominos and watched the dunk competition. Adam and I were a little disappointed with the dunk competition compared to last year. However, it was cool that a 5’9” guy won! Yeah for short people! Adam played his all-star football game against the guy that had won.

Sunday we went to church and ate at Taco John’s (since we don’t have one here in St. Louis). We took it easy the rest of the day, which was fine with me because I really didn’t feel well.


Monday we went bowling with his parents. I just sat and cheered everyone on, since yet again I wasn’t having the best day. Tuesday we made it back home around 8:00ish after we stopped and ate dinner.

Wednesday we got back into our routine of working out and doing our usual day to day things. Also, we were able to pick up our two furry friends:) They were so happy to see us and we’ll we were really happy to see them too!


It’s been a rough pregnancy so far, but it could always be worse. I am very thankful to be blessed with this little one and I can’t wait to meet her/him! I still am not showing much and I still fit into all my cloths. I did buy a maternity top last week, which you wouldn’t even be able to tell it is a maternity top. This is great, so I will be able to wear it even when I am not pregnant and it won’t look awkward. I don’t seem to be kicking this morning sickness any too soon. Oh ya, last weekend I think I felt a flutter. It has happened twice now, both over the weekend and in the middle of the night. Could be nothing or it could have been somthing; nonetheless it was a different feeling I had never felt before.

However my thought is hard pregnancy, easy baby:)


“Yesterday is history, tomorrows a mystery, right now is a gift, that’s why they call it the present.”-Anonymous

No comments: