Sunday, March 1, 2009

Birthday Fun & Morning Sickness (again)

We headed to KC Thursday to meet up with PJ & Shan for PJ's birthday. They found a very cool hotel that has a indoor water park! The Great Wolf Lodge was full of so much fun and it was a great weekend with PJ, Shan, and my lovely hubby. After going down twister water slides and hanging out in the pool, playing arcade games, eating lots of munchies & sweets (so great to say "I am on vacation, it's ok"), and great family fun we had to head back home. We had to leave right after breakfast on Saturday because a snow storm decided to hit right in KC and head east, so we thought it would be a good idea to get on the road. Half of our trip back home we spent driving in terrible weather, but luckily we made it home just fine. Adam and I really wanted to stay longer (I think PJ & Shan did too), but we knew we needed to get home so we could do laundry and pack to go on another vacation. I love the off season! I had a really great time and it was so much fun to just have a fun filled weekend and to act like kids again! On Monday we're off to Jamaica! I can't wait to get away and have time where it's just the two of us.

As of Friday I was still thankfully morning sickness free. Lately though I have had these tremendous headaches and the morning sickness is coming back. The headaches feel as if my head is going to explode from the top. I think it's just my hormones fluctuating. It's really weird, one second I don't have a headache and then all of a sudden I do. And then it can last for 20 minutes or it can last hours. It really feels like a roller coaster. I told Adam that I am just feeling different (I really just don't know any other word to describe how I feel). It seems like since Saturday I feel like I have for most of my pregnancy. I have been very nauseated and just feel out right terrible. Last night was probably the worst and I was just thankful to have my nausea pills to take the nausea feeling away and help me sleep.

I have also started doing something new.......rubbing my belly. I don't have much to rub, but it's definitely more than I ever have had. I love it! I can't wait to feel Baby C moving around soon. Oh that will be so exciting!

“Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.” -1 John 3:18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that you're in Jamaica now. I hope that you're having a good time. I wanted to let you know that Grandpa Carriker is still in the hospital,3\3\09 Tues., Shirley stayed with gradma over the weekend but has to go back to work. He does have a infection in the bowel, C-Diff, still having diarrhea, temperature, and is weak. They had to put Grandma Carriker in the nursing home there since she can't take care of herself. I think that it is just until Grandpa get out of the hospital and can take care of her again. I quess that she can't walk to get lunch there. Her feet hurt so bad. She has to be pushed in a wheelchair. It's to bad it has to be this was, but Wayne didn't make any arrangement for anyone to take care of her if something happened. Bonnie won't be back until next week-end. I don't think that Geri can do it. Grandpa was really sick and nobody there realize how bad. I knew right away when I recieved the info that he should of gone to the Dr. a lot sooner. Even after I talked to Mavis about taking him to the Dr. she kept asking me,"is this serious", over a over again. The whole situation is sad. I'll talk to you about it when you get back. By then I hope that Grandpa is out of the hospital and better, and that grandma is back home. Enjoy your trip. Take care and we love you both. Mom