Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sleeping 8-10 hrs

I absolutely love being a mommy! It's one of the hardest, but most rewarding jobs (who couldn't love it)! I always find myself saying this, but seriously time is flying bye so fast.

So I've been peed, pooped, and now thrown up on.......welcome to Mommyville! Monday night Jr threw up on mommy and himself. I think it was the simple fact that he did not burp and took a lot of milk. Wednesday he also threw up a little, again for the same reason I think. He just takes so much sometimes and if I can't get him to burp then he's left with a big bubble inside, which can result in everything coming back up.

On Tuesday Jr went 12 hrs between feedings for the 1st time. On Tuesday he also turned 10 wks and ate 10 oz! Thank goodness I'm pumping all day and through the night, so I have plenty of milk to feed the kiddo! We think he eats so much during the day, because he's making up for what he doesn't eat at night. My mom also thinks it's because Jr is getting what would be equal to skim milk, given that I have a fairly healthy diet and don't eat a lot of mashed potatoes and gravy. Who knows what the reason is, all we know is we have a healthy and happy baby who likes to eat...a lot! This week he's been eating at least 7 oz at every feeding (usually takes between 8-9 oz).

Jr continues to grow and impress me each and every day. The other day he did a 180 degree turn on the floor and every morning I always find him moved from where he was when we put him down for bed. He's such a little mover and doesn't stop moving all day long! Mommy won't need to workout when he's old enough to move all over, because her workout will be chasing him all over! He continually kicks his legs and his arms act like windmills in a wind storm, going in circles nonstop. We started putting him in his infant-to-toddler rocker and he doesn't stop moving the whole time he's in there. A and I love watch him when he starts to get it to rock and then when the music plays; oh, if we only knew what our little guy was thinking! Jr is starting to laugh and is always talking to mommy. Mommy's heart continues to melt with every toothless smile, coo, ahhh, and laughs.

Friday A went to Houston to meet with the surgeon that did his surgery. Everything looks great and he's ahead of schedule, which isn't a surprise because he does his rehab twice a day (everyday)! Jr and I were suppose to go, but we decided it would be best if we just stayed home and kept Jr to his schedule. He's been doing awesome sleeping through the night and sleeps anywhere from 8-10 hrs at night. On Friday Jr took all 3 of his naps in his crib and has really had a good day overall. I managed to get a lot done (even a good workout) while baby Jr is sleeping, which feels great as a mom! He had a bottomless pit night again, but after he finally got a full belly (over 11oz) he was out for the night.

Here's an example of Jr's feedings throughout one day:
8:00= 10 oz
11:00= 7 oz
2:00= 9 oz
5:00= 8 oz
8:00= 9 oz

"May your father and mother be glad; may she who gave you birth rejoice."- Proverbs 23:25

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi There!!!!!!!! It sounds like Junior is growing and doing well. I miss all you guys too. I can't wait until Thanksgiving to see everyone. I want to thank you for the flower arrangment that you gave me. It was a busy hecket day at work. Keri and Gina left messages on the answering machine. Dad on Sunday brought up a huge cake to the hospital to help me celebrate. All in all I had a nice birthday. I have to go and get a TB shot at the hospital now. I'll talk with Adam tomorrow around 10:30- 10:45. Give Jr. a hug and kiss from Grandma and Rambo too. I love you all!!!! Mom and Grandma See you in 1 1/2 months.