Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Earning a Parent Paycheck, Baby Talk, 1 wk sleeping 9-8 & 4 hr schedule

The last two nights A & I have definitely earned our parent paychecks. Jr is a great baby, he really is; I'm not just saying this because I'm his mommy and bragging him up. He's a very happy and predictable baby. He has a laid back personality, loves to talk, smile, laugh, snuggle, and be around other people. However, the past two nights he's cried on and off during his last feeding of the day. I think it's part my milk and it causing some stomach issues. I say this because my stomach has been upset lately. He really seems to prefer nursing rather than the bottle when this happens. After he finally takes enough to where he's satisfied and is exhausted he falls to sleep (9:30) and sleeps soundly till 7-8, which a true blessing. Nonetheless, I really hope he gets better and that we don't have to take him in to the dr for this. Poor guy:(

A & I finally took sometime last night for us. To sit, talk and to just relax, we especially needed this because we'd just dealt with a screaming baby for quite some time.

Jr is really starting to become a daddy's boy! He's starting to reach for him, smiles at him, and talks to him non-stop whenever A is around. To see both their eyes light up when they're talking to each other melts my heart. I've been blessed with an unbelievable husband and son from our Father, and it is for that reason and many more that I give my life to the Lord. Jr is a nonstop chatter box lately. He loves to baby talk all the time and has even tried to master talking and smiling while eating; it's such a priceless sight. Monday night at bible study he did so well. We weren't sure how he'd do given the evenings he's wide awake and loves to play then. After a brief nap, him and I went and just "baby bopped" around while listening to our leader. Jr insisted on getting his two cents in and talked most of the night. There were a lot of babies at the study, and surprisingly they all did great. It'll be interesting to see if he's a talker when he's older. We think he's going to be a lot like PJ. We think he's blue eyes look like PJ's and he's definitely an outgoing talkative person like him. We're so blessed to have a healthy and happy baby and watching him grow a little more each day brings joy to our lives.

Today marks the first day A can really help me out. He's been off duty due to his shoulder and then last week he had a terrible cold, which is finally subsiding and almost gone. It'll be nice to have him help feed and change a diaper here and there. It kind of stunk when he had the cold, because I couldn't even put Jr by him because we really didn't won't him getting sick. Nonetheless, Jr and I stayed healthy and daddy is now back to tip top shape, so we're good.

Last Wednesday was the first time Jr went to his 4 hr schedule and for a week straight he's been sleeping 9-8 (I think he got up one time at 7). He's doing great with this new routine and is happier than ever. Not too bad for a 12 week old!

"God is never in a hurry, but he is always on time."

No comments: