Monday, October 12, 2009

Talking in the moring & 11 wk highlight

The past couple nights I've awoken to the sounds of oooohhhhhhh, aaaaaaahhhhhhh, and the occasional grunt noise from my precious son. Rather than cries from his crib, I wake up to him talking to himself. The first night he did it I didn't know what he was doing, so I watched him on the monitor. Jr just moves around and has a whole conversation with himself in the morning. I absolutely love watching Jr on the baby monitor as he talks to himself, sometimes he'll lay there and talk for a half hour or so. The other day he just kept talking and then finally talked himself back to sleep. After watching him on the monitor for awhile, I finally decided to grab the video camera and capture this precious moment. I took some more video this morning when he was doing it. Seriously, as a parent there is nothing sweeter than your precious baby talking to himself in the morning and just laying so sweetly in his crib. Life with Jr is awesome and I can't begin to tell you how many times A & I look at each other and say, "We have a great kid!"

Sunday was a much needed day of rest for the whole family. Jr and I didn't go to the Rams game for numerous reasons, instead enjoyed a low key day at home. While Jr took his afternoon nap, I was able to squeeze in a nap for myself. We went to supper with Uncle Phil once he got back from the game before he had to fly back to Omaha. The Rams lost again and it looks like it could be a long season for the players and fans at this rate. They're now 0-5 and are facing some tough teams ahead.

Today Jr woke up a little earlier than normal (6:45 ish), so him and I rocked and slept till 7:50 when I got his bottle ready and got him dressed for the day. It was actually really nice to sit and relax in the quiet of our home and just feel God's presence on my chest sleeping. As I sat in prayer all I could do was give thanks for everything I've been blessed with and promise to live my life to the fullest for the Lord. Once I got done feeding Jr, A & I caught up on our couples bible study. Our study really made us both focus on better our relationship with God and going ALL IN. I can't begin to tell you the amount of times I've done something that a Christian should not do, but come up with an excuse to why it's okay. Well it's not and the relationship with our heavenly Father that must be one where we put our whole life in (just like in poker). So it's here that I present all my life (chips) to you oh Lord. Please continue to work in my life and help me to be a better Christian. Give me the strength to stand on my own two feet and become the person I strive to be. Help me to understand your ways and more than anything help me to be a nurturing mother, caring wife, and loyal daughter of yours. After A took off for rehab and work, I was able to do a quick workout before it was time to feed and play with Jr at noon. Today marks the first day I get back into my regular workout routine. It's been hard trying to get workouts in (other things were taking priority), but now that we have a new routine I've figured out when I can squeeze a 45min workout in. Tonight we are off to our couples bible study.

11 wk Highlights:
-The laughs and smiles continue each day. I think each day we see him smile a little more=) He's a really happy baby.
-When he hangs out on his belly, he's started doing the "supperman." Won't be long before the muscles get put to good use and the crawling begins.
-He continues to move all the time. A & I joke once he can move, he's going to be gone.
-Started talking in the morning to himself. Lovely conversations so it seems and really enjoys spending time just laying there. I wonder if he's praying to God?!
-Went to the pumpkin patch with Grandma, Daddy, and Mommy. Did great and was such a good little pumpkin (in his little pumpkin outfit) for all of us.
-Naps twice a day in his crib (if we're not out and about). Usually naps 2-2 1/2 hrs in the morning and 1 1/2- 2 hrs in the afternoon. At night just cat naps here and there, but is usually awake most of the time between the last two feedings.
-Loves his new exercise saucer. Isn't quite big enough for it and doesn't understand about moving in a circle, but really enjoys the bouncing movement.
-Continues to recognize Mommy and Daddy's face, voice, and smell.
-Eats 4 times/day, 35-40 oz.
-Sleeps 9:00-8:00. Usually the earliest he gets up is 7:00. Definetly not a morning person (just like his daddy) and likes to go back to sleep after a full tummy and a little play time.
-Likes to grab on to rings and rattles. Holds onto them for quite sometime and even bats at them when they're haning.
-Got his Halloween outfit. He's going to be a fireman. We even got little mittens and some really cute boots.
-Uncle Phil babysat for a little bit on Saturday night, so Mommy and Daddy could go get some supper. Jr did great for him and I think they had some good bonding time.

"By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life."- Psalm 42:8

No comments: