Friday, October 30, 2009

Headche finally disappearing & Jr's little highlights

From Wednesday- Seriously, are you kidding me, so now what?! These words and phrases keep running through my head about this whole headache situation. So Wednesday I had a Cat Scan done and everything came back clear. I'm so happy everything came back clear, but now what is causing this never ending headache. After calling the dr twice, he finally got on the phone and told me that the ct scan was clear. It was definitely a relief to know that all my sinuses were clear and that I didn't have a tumor or something. The only downside was that they have no idea what is causing my headache. This dr still believes it is a migraine and we just have to find the right meds to break it. We discussed the options, which was tough because we have to take into consideration that I'm breastfeeding and only have so much milk stored away. We decided to try a steroid for three days and if that doesn't take it away, well lets just say we didn't even go there. I called my OB/GYN to get his opinion on all of this. I told him I really don't care for the other dr and that I really trust his opinion over this other dr's. After going through everything I thought it would be best to try the steroid and if that doesn't work, to call him back and he has some other things to try.

So for the next 3 days (starting Thursday), I have to take 2 pills a day and play the pump and dump game. The pumping and dumping game is so hard for me, because it took me so long to get ahead of the game. Oh well though if it takes my headache away, I think we can swing 3 days of using the milk I already have in the frig and freezer.

A & I went on a quick date afternoon today. After the Cat Scan, we went and ate at HuHot and topped it off with some Cold Stone's. We were going to go to the movie but I didn't feel very good, so we just headed home. We had the babysitter stay for awhile longer, so we could just relax.

From Thursday- I still have a headache, it was at it worse this past afternoon. Today has been kind of a blur and I've been just trying to get through the day. It's a terrible attitude, but it's just been a rough day. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel a lot better.

From Friday (Today)- I finally am feeling normal. I haven't taken my pills today, because I'm going to start running short on milk and since I'm feeling better today, I decided to opt out of taking them. So far, so good. I've been a little nausea throughout the day for whatever reason, but tonight is the best I've felt in almost a week.

So let's talk about the lil guy that lights up our world:
He continues to light up our life and is growing by the day. I can't believe how strong he's getting and will be moving around on his own in no time. He continually moves his arms and legs all the time. When he can crawl, watch out world it's going to be crazy. Here's a couple little highlights from this past wk:
*Sunday (10/25)- Jr was asked to be ring bear in Jenna & Jason's wedding! He's going to be so cute and is going to be a hit with all the girls.
*Wednesday (10/28)- Jr stayed with a babysitter for 7 hrs at our house. A & I got home from the dr's and our date afternoon early, but asked the sitter to stay longer so I/we could just relax. It was really nice to have a little break and take a nap without a baby monitor around.
*Friday (10/30)- Jr found out he is going to have a little cousin between May 28th-June 1st. Jeff and Angie are expecting a little blessing. I love watching all of our family grow!

“Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”-Ephesians 5: 19-20

No comments: