Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Headache still lingers & 13 wk highlight

From Sunday- Jenna and Jason came over this afternoon to take Jr's 3 month pics. Jr did fairly well, considering it went into his nap time. I can't wait to see all the pics Jenna took. She does such a great job and we had so much fun trying to get him to smile. She took some pics of him in his fireman outfit too. We had to run to Wal-Mart (in the rain) to pick up some food for Monday nights bible study at our house. My head continues to ache; I really hope this head ache goes away soon.

From Monday- And so my headache still lingers. This is so annoying; the pressure is lifted a little, but the headache continues. I feel really foggy on the left side and really can't wait for this to be gone. I really wish the Tylenol with codeine would have worked to take my headache completely away. Luckily A has been a big help and Jr continues to be a great baby, because his screams and cries could do a number on my headache. When I woke up this morning I thought my headache had almost all gone away, but when I got up and started doing things right back it came. We headed to the Dr this afternoon and I was diagnosed with having a migraine. He gave me a migraine pill to take (2 if I need it). Said this should do the trick and it should be gone about 2 hrs after I take it. I haven't taken yet, because he said it'll make me very sleepy, so I'm waiting until it's time to head to bed.....oh how I can't wait to take it.

It was quite the run around today (Monday), because we were supposed to host bible study (which clearly wasn't going to happen by the way I've been feeling), so we had to find another couple to host it. And then we were trying to line up someone to take care of Jr, so we didn't have to take him to the dr office with us. We managed to get a hold of Tina, who is so much help, and came over to watch him while we headed to the drs.

From Tuesday (today)- Today I woke up after taking one pill at 10 and then the other at 2 and still no luck. The left side of my head still hurts. The dr decided to have me try some other medicine (a different type of migraine meds) in hopes that it would relieve my head, but it didn't. So I am off to get a Cat Scan tomorrow and hopefully be headache free soon. It's going to feel great to feel like normal again. The bed tech came out today and our bed finally meets the criteria so we can get our old mattress replaced with a new one. So we went and picked out a new bed today. This is our 5th bed since we've moved to St.L. It'll be super nice that A doesn't have to sleep in a valley each night.

Jr 13 wk Highlights:
-At 3 months weighted 14.8 lbs and was 24.5 in long.
-Continues to sleep 9-8 every night.
-Really discovered his tongue this week. Likes to play and kind of chew on it.
-Started rice cereal when he turned exactly 3 months (on the 21st).
-Started sweet potatoes (13 wk 6 days old- the 27th).
-Rubs his eyes' when he gets tired.
-Likes to play with his fingers and is starting to discover the world with them. Open and closes them all the time.
-Had his 3 month pics taken by Jenna. Did pretty good and even slept so we could get some cute napping pics.
-Loves to cuddle on your chest all the time. He's a true love bug and loves to be held.
-Had a couple fussy days this past week. He would only nap for a little bit (hour at max) and then wake up and be fussy. We've come to conclude that he was still hungry and wanted some more food (the milk just wasn't doing it). So we started baby food (sweet potatoes) and he's been napping better and is back to his happy self.

“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”-2 Timothy 3: 16-17

No comments: