Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend recap, 12 wk highlight and routine

Friday A & I went on a "date afternoon." Amy C. had offered to babysit for us if we ever wanted to do a date night, so we jumped at the offer and headed to the movie. We went and saw "Couples Retreat." It was a cute comedy/chic flick and even made us think about our own relationship. It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life that you sometimes let your relationship go. Although it was short afternoon date we had a blast and it's exactly what we needed. This week was the first week that I actually got all my workouts in. Some weren't as long or exactly what I had planned, but I at least did some form of exercise each day I was suppose to. Friday night I went to bed with a little stomach ache, which resulted in me waking up and feeling like I needed to throw up. I felt horribly sick with an aching body and the worst stomach ache ever. After a couple tums, a warm bath, and some Tylenol I was out like a light.

Saturday afternoon we had a great visit with our friends Jenna & Jason. They hadn't seen Jr in a long time, since he was about a week old, so they were due for their "Jr fix!" We had lunch and a wonderful time catching up on everything that's been going on in our lives. They're getting married in May, so it's fun hearing Jenna talk about all the wedding plans. We watched college football most of Saturday, which ended up not being the greatest football day for our teams we were rooting for. Nebraska got beat by Texas Tech, which always seems to put a downer on our day. Jr did wonderful at church again and everybody always compliments on what a great baby he is; all I can do is smile and say "Thank you." Melts my heart every time and I just can't help but smile on the inside and out.

Sunday we went out for breakfast as a family and watched the Rams play. They played really well, but yet again they lost. The Rams tied it up at the end of the 4th quarter and sent the game into overtime; I really thought they were going to win. Nonetheless, the announcers talked up Spags and were really positive about the whole team. I was able to get a little nap in while Jr napped. It's been a great day hanging out with my family and taking it easy. I've been able to catch up on all my videos and photos of Jr. It's so much fun looking back through the photos/videos and seeing how much he's grown in almost 13 wks!

Jr continues to coo all the time. He's especially a talker when you're changing his diaper. His toothless smile melts our heart every time he flashes it our way. Jr continues to sleep 9-8 consistently and usually takes one good solid nap a day (usually his morning one). For his afternoon nap, he's usually up and ready to go at an hour and a half to an hour forty five (however, lately he's been taking 2 good naps a day, so who knows!). He takes his best naps when he is in his crib on his belly.

12 week highlights:
-Sleeps 9-8 every night!
-4 hour routine
-The smiles and coos increase by the day. He's especially smiley and talkative while getting his diaper changed and in the evenings. He's such a happy baby, that he even insist on smiling while taking his bottle. Nothing like toothless smiles all day long to make your day.
-When he wakes up in the morning I often find him smiling and talking to himself.
-Had a couple nights where he fussed while taking his last bottle. Luckily it only lasted 2-3 days and hasn't came back. I think he was just full of bubbles that we couldn't get out of him.
-Moved up to size 2 diapers. They're a little big, but size 1 wasn't quite doing the job.
-Grabs onto rings and will actually keep hold of them for awhile.
-Loves when Mommy & Daddy talk to him. His eyes' light up and he smiles and coos.

Typical day for Jr at 12 wks:
8:00-10:00~ Wake up, eat and then play
10:00-12:00~ Morning Nap
12:00-2:00~ Eat and play
2:00-4:00~ Afternoon Nap
4:00~ Eat
After 4 o'clock feeding, cat nap here and there (30-45 min) and play until 7:40
7:40~ bath
8:00~ bottle
9:00~ bedtime story & music then bed

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”-Psalm 19:14

No comments: