Monday, August 24, 2009

Pebbles, Dr visit, and On The Go!

Friday A had his first home pre-season game. Jr & I didn't go because A wasn't going to play and I didn't want to drag a one month to the game just to watch A stand on the sideline. Uncle Bill went to the game with our neighbor, John. They seemed to have a great time and Uncle Bill really enjoyed talking and taking pictures with all the wives (big surprise)!

Saturday Uncle Bill, Mom, Jr, and I headed down to Old St. Charles for the Festival of Little Hills. It was pretty much like arts in the park, along with lots of food and entertainment. The weather was great and it was a lot of fun just to take Jr on an outing. Between A's treatments, we did some Uncle Bill and Pebbles dog training. A and I have been debating for a long time what to do about our dog situation. We finally decided that it was best if we gave Pebbles to someone who could give her the time and attention she needs. With a new baby and a new football season, I felt I was going to be stretched to the limit and really wouldn't have the time and attention to give to both dogs. So we decided to ask Uncle Bill and Aunt Nancy if they'd be interested in her. Uncle Bill just retired this summer and needs someone/thing to do things with and Nancy seemed to love Pebbles when they were down here. Turns out they thought it would be a great idea to have a dog again and so far so good!

Sunday Uncle Bill and Pebbles were headed back to NE, we (Mom, Jr, and me) were headed to Sam's, and A was headed to a full day of work.

A has been supper busy with work. Most nights he doesn't get home till 8:30, which only leaves time to feed, play music and read to his son. Technically camp is suppose to be over, however they're headed into their 4 wk of training camp. I'm so tired of camp and I'm not even going through it. I can't wait for the regular season to start and for us to have a regular schedule. I just keep telling myself it won't be like this for long (just like the country song). I'm so thankful that my mom is here right now to help me out around the house and with Jr, especially because we barely see A at all.

Today is my parents 35th wedding anniversary! I wish my parents could have been together to actually celebrate this special occasion, but my mom insist that she loves helping out here and that they'll just celebrate when she gets back. Today we've been on the go almost all day long. After Jr's morning feeding we headed out for a walk, off to lunch, then to the dr, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Bike Store, Target, and then Sonic. Jr is an on the go type kid, so today went really well. He does best when he's on the move; whether it's being outside, in the car, stroller, etc., it doesn't matter, as long as he's going somewhere. Jr just really doesn't care to be inside too much (just like his mommy and daddy). Part of the reason for this might be the fact that we've had him going from one place to the other since he was 5 days old (& well ever since I was pregnant with him, we've been traveling and walking every day-so we were just getting him ready). Nonetheless, I've finally figured if he's fussy, it's time to head out the door. A classic example of this was this evening he was a little fussy, so mom, Jr, Rambo, and me took a little stroll through the court. He calmed down as soon as we went outside. And yes I had another mom/parent moment....I will do (almost anything) just to keep my child happy. So I will gladly take him out every evening for a little stroll, if that calms his cries! The dr visit went pretty good today. Jr is a growing machine; he's almost 8 lbs! I'm really thankful I had him when I did (given his size now). He got his 2nd dose of Hept B, which wasn't the most fun for him, but he was a trooper through most of the visit. Here's his numbers from today: (4 wks 5 days old)
-Weight: 7 lbs 14.5 oz (7%)
-Length: 20.5 (11%)
-Head Circumference: 14.4 in (15%)

Overall he's a healthy & happy baby boy! The dr says, "His numbers look great and he's a well proportioned kid!" Yeah! What parent wouldn't want to hear that about their child?!

Tonight A got home at 8:00, which was so nice because he actually got to hang out with Jr for awhile. They hung out for awhile and then A fed, played music, read, and put his son down for the night. This was my high for today. It made my heart melt and give thanks to God for all the blessings in my life!

Jr is doing pretty good. I've been able to keep him to a pretty good feeding schedule (every 3 hrs), however he doesn't have a very good nap schedule yet. His whole schedule is suppose to go something like: feed, wake time, nap time (and repeat). However, it's not exactly going like this anymore. It seems to be feed, then wake time and maybe nap for 45 min (but not even a solid nap) and then he's awake again. On the flip side of all of this, he does sleep really good at night (which is a blessing). I do wish though he would take at least a solid hour nap. I'm starting to try different things to maybe help him nap better; I guess we'll see how it goes. Lately Jr has started to spit up a little more and seems to be in pain sometimes after a feeding. He's always been really hard to burp, which makes it hard to get the bubbles out (which is usually the cause of the pain). I finally started to master doing things with one hand, hold Jr in the other and bounce on the exercise ball (all at the same time)! So other than his fussy times (which usually fall more in the evenings), Jr is doing great and is so much fun to watch grow every day.

My friend Cass just text me and it looks like she is going to be a mommy tomorrow! She's being admitted to the hospital tonight and they will be inducing her tomorrow. I can't wait for all the details!

“I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.”-Psalm 116:1-2

No comments: