Saturday, August 8, 2009

Less than a wk left of camp!

I really don't know where this past week has gone, but here we are Saturday morning and Jr is 2 1/2 wks old. Next week at this time A will finally be done with camp, which means he'll be home every night! Oh, how I can't wait to have my family under one roof again!

Life as a "single parent" right now isn't too bad. I really miss having A around to spend time with his son, but at least he has seen him every night since he's been at camp. Jr and I are figuring out a routine and I really have been blessed with a great baby. He's a very content and happy baby and I couldn't ask for anything else. He's growing so fast and is starting to become aware of what is going on this world (or at least trying to figure it all out). When Jr's laying on his stomach he can turn his head from one side to the other. He can also roll to the side of his body. He's become a little motor mouth too. He's really starting to make more noises, which always bring a smile to my face when I hear them. I love watching him take in everything that surrounds him. Last night he lost his belly button stump, YEAH! I'm so excited to give him a real bath now!

Last night we went to A's scrimmage, where he unfortunately rolled his ankle. He'll be getting a MRI and X-ray today to find out how bad it is. Afterward we met up with him and went to TGIF's, where I became that parent I always whispered about. Here it is 10 ish on a Friday night and we have our 17 day old son with us. I will no longer question what people are doing with their children; lesson learned!

A gets this afternoon off and will finally be able to come home for a little bit. I think he's excited to just come home and hang out with his "Little Man!" I love watching them together and I can't wait to see their father-son relationship develop. Today is going to be a great day with my family!

Tomorrow my mom comes back for a week and Stacy heads home. It's been so nice having someone here with me the whole time A has been gone. My mom hasn't stopped talking about Jacob since she has left. She likes to show off the pics of him to everybody. Needless to say, Grandma can't wait to get here tomorrow and spend another week with her grandson.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”-Isaiah 41: 10

No comments: