Sunday, August 16, 2009

My due date and waking up to the world!

Wednesday we moved Jr into his own room. I knew A was coming home Thursday and wanted to have him moved before A was home. This was a challenge for me, probably more than it was for Jr. I’ve grown used to someone in the same room as me when I sleep, so to be all alone again was going to be strange. My original plan was to do it on Sunday (he would have been 2 wks 5 days), however I just kept putting it off. Wednesday I finally decided to make the big move, so off to his crib and own room he went. I have a baby video monitor on him and really like being able to roll over in the middle of the night and just click on the video to make sure everything is okay if he’s squirming around and making noises. I think we’ve both been sleeping better and considering when I moved him he was only 3 wks 1 day old, I would say we’re ahead of the game.

Friday A and I had a “date night.” Since A hurt his ankle, he stayed here (rather than going to NY) to do treatment and rest his ankle. So with my parents in town (free baby sitting) and A home, we decided it would be nice to have some “us” time. I’ve been pumping like crazy in order to get ahead of this feeding game and be able to store some milk (which I’ve mastered). So since I’d pumped enough we were able to do a whole date night, dinner and a movie. We went to HuHot’s and The Ugly Truth. It was really strange for me to be gone longer than an hour from Jr. I had the official “mommy moment” about five minutes after we left and then throughout the night. The mommy moment is when you just want to call to make sure everything is okay, even though you know it is. I did however resist the temptation to call and enjoyed the night out with my husband to its fullest. It was a great night and clearly showed me why it’s so important to keep “us” a main priority in the family.

Today is my official due date! Who would have ever guessed instead of expecting a baby any day now, we'd have a beautiful baby boy who is almost a month old. I really don’t know where the time is going and it seems like I blink and the day/wk is gone.

My parents just left tonight, which means it’s back to the three of us. I really miss having my parents here, especially having my mom around. She was so much help around the house and with the baby. I can’t wait for them to come back and spoil Jr rotten.

A is busy back at work today and is still technically in camp, however he gets to come home at the end of the day(thank goodness). I can’t believe football season is here and that it’s the middle of August already! I can’t wait to watch and cheer A on with his son in my arms.

There’s nothing like being a mom; really there isn’t! I love it so much! It’s so amazing just to sit and hold this precious gift from God. Jr is teaching me so much about myself and about the world, and he’s only a month old. Jr is really starting to wake up to the world around him. He's becoming more and more alert as the days go by, spending much of his time quietly checking out his surroundings. He spends some quality time on his tummy during the day, which is giving him a very strong neck. If I put my face directly in front of his, he holds up his head to look at me; it’s super cute and shows us that he has good neck muscles. He’s really starting to focus on everything around him (people, lights, objects, etc). It’s amazing to watch my little son take in this whole world. There are times A and I just look at each other and say, “Did you see that? He’s getting so big. Wow, he’s so strong!” and so on. We’re slowly mastering the Baby Wise sleeping schedule and he’s sleeping really good at night. We’re in the process of starting to cute the middle of the night feeding (3 AM) and going from midnight to at least 5, but hopefully 6. Most nights he doesn’t cry very much as long as I can catch his needs soon enough. All he needs to do is eat and be changed and occasionally wants to be snuggled and held instead of staying in his crib. I’m anxious to see how long it will be before he sleeps 6 hrs straight.

“The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.”-Psalm 119: 130

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie, Adam, and Jr., Thank you for the pictures and the disc. I enjoyed talking with Angie the other day onthe phone. I'm glad that your Mom can come an stay with you for awhile. I know that you enjoy her being there. Adam, I'm glad that your ankle is improving. We can't wait to see you in Seattle in Sept. WE love you all. I put up one of the picture on the refrigerator so everyone can see our new grandson, Jacob Ryder, {Jr.}. We can't wait to see and hold him in Nov. Nancy