Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Life with a 2 wk old!

So rather than having 2 wks left of being pregnant, I have a 2 wk old instead! I must say though life in the Carriker household is pretty settled down for having a 2 wk old. Today is the first day since Jacob has been 5 days old that we haven't ran around all day. Tonight we'll go see Daddy, but other than that we're taking it easy or at least Jacob is. I'm catching up on emails, bills, photos, his baby book, and enjoying time with my precious peanut!

My parents left yesterday afternoon and Stacy got in last night. It's been nice to have someone here the whole time with me while A is gone. My mom will be back on Sunday and stay for a week. Her and my dad really couldn't get enough of Baby Jacob and they can't wait to see him again so soon.

Jacob is a growing machine and getting so strong. Jacob can move his head from one side to the other and has some strong legs just like his Daddy. I was so happy last night, because Jr was resting on A's chest and then he moved his head from one side to the other. I think A was tickled that he got to see it and not just on the video camera. Dr notes from yesterday (2 wks): -height= 19.6 in, -weight= 6 lb 4.5 oz, -head circum= 13.1 in. Overall he's doing great and the jaundice is slowly going away. As of last Wednesday he was still 6 lbs, which means he's gained almost an oz a day, which is awesome! Right now I feed him every 3 hrs during the day and let him go at night until he wakes up.

I really miss A being around and only seeing him for a hour at night is hard. I'm thankful I at least get to see him and he gets to spend some time with his son every day. Only 10 more days left of camp and then he'll be back home!

“I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws.”-Psalm 119:7

No comments: