Sunday, August 2, 2009

A at camp, Gparents here, and being a Mommy!

I can't believe how fast time is going. On Tuesday, Jacob will be 2 wks old! Before I know it, I'll find myself saying, "I can't believe he's in preschool!" And then before we know it, graduating from high school. Anyway, it's been a great week with my little miracle and I absolutely love being a mommy.

This past week has been filled with too many Dr and lab visits. Jacob had to have his blood taken four times over this past week. Luckily all the Jaundice levels have gone down and he's looking great!

Jacob had many 1st this past week. He had his 1st dr's visit when he was 6 days old. He still weighed 6 lbs and the dr told us to keep doing what we were doing, because he looks and acts great! This was so reassuring to hear for first time parents. He had his first bath! Daddy did a great job and Jacob loved getting his hair washed. Jacob meet one set of grandparents for the first time when he was 9 days old. Grandma Sheila can't hold him enough. Both Grandma & Grandpa think he's a great baby and love spending time with him. Jacob also went out to eat for the first time. Before A had to leave for camp, we went to Cracker Barrel (which is now our pre-camp meal tradition). He did great and we really couldn't ask for a more well behaved baby. Jacob has now been to a couple Rams practices and shopping with Grandma & Mommy too.

This time of the year is always the hardest for A & I, especially now that we have a 12 day old son. A reported for camp on Thursday and won't be home until August 15th. Jacob and I see him every night for about an hour after his practice and before meetings. After A's practice, we head to the hotel and sit in the parking lot. Both the boys eat and then once their done, A spends a little time cuddling with his son. I can see how hard it is in his eyes to only be able to see Jacob for an hour a day. Luckily camp is here this year so we get to see him everyday and it's also a week shorter than usual. I've been fortunate enough to have my parents around here to help with Jacob, although he's a pretty good baby so I don't need much help. It's nice though to have someone else change a diaper once in awhile. I'm really happy my parents were able to come down and see their grandson. It's been so nice to spend time with them and see them with Jacob.

My thoughts so far on being a Mommy: I don't even know where to begin; it's amazing and rewarding in so many ways! I really do have a very content baby and feel so blessed in that area. My life is based around him and his feedings right now. I feed him every 3 hrs and at night let him go for about 4-4 1/2 hrs. He's a great eater and I think we're both starting to figure out this whole feeding thing. Breastfeeding is going really well and I love this time that I get to bond with him. I do look forward to pumping soon though, part so I know how much he's eating and also so others can also get involved. Since I've been a mom, my life has just been spinning. Finding time to do things (such as this blog) have been challenging; however, now that we've got a schedule down I can really plan things around feedings and going to see A. Every time I look at Jacob, I can't help but give thanks for this precious life. It's still very surreal that Jacob is part of A & I. He's a true miracle and I have yet to watch the slide show of his birth and not cry. I'm finally feeling normal again or at least I think my hormones are starting to get back to their regular levels. No one ever really tells you how the sudden change in hormone levels might effect you; luckily I'm back to feeling pretty normal and now I can actually look at Jacob and not tear up. I found myself tearing up every time I looked at my precious baby boy, because he's such a blessing in so many ways and I can't believe how perfect he is. God is truly amazing and I've been blessed with an unbelievable baby boy. I love my precious family and am truly thankful for everything I've been blessed with. How Great is our GOD?!!!!

Jacob Notes: Jacob is a very strong little boy. His kicks are so strong and he's even starting to lift and move his heard around. He's starting to be a lot more alert and able to focus on more things. He's a stretching and yawning machine. Anytime A holds him he always arches his back and stretches for the sky. His hair color is starting to lighten up; I keep wondering if he'll have blonde hair like A did when he was young. He has the funniest expressions facial expressions and loves to make noise in his sleep. He's so perfect and it's so much fun seeing him grow and mature every day! We go in tomorrow for his 2 wk check up. I can't wait to see how much he's grown! Oh ya, Jacob also loves to stick out his tongue (all the time). I have a feeling he'll love doing this when he's 2 too!

“Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.”-James 1: 21

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie, I'm glad that your parents can be there with you while Adam is at camp. It sounds like you're having a great time with them and they're enjoying Jacob. I'm glad that Adam doesn't have to go two weeks without seeing his family. I'm on call today so I have time to jot you this note. We'll be leaving for the coast on Friday {Aug. 7} and will be back Sun. (Aug. 16}. It sounds like Jr. is doing well. We still have temperatures over a 100 degrees and it's suppose to continue that way until the end of the week. Kathy and I are working on the blanket and I hope to get it mailed Thursday, before we leave on vacation. I'll call you on Wednesday or Thursday. We love you all. Tell you parents Hi from the Carriker's. Nancy