Sunday, March 29, 2009

HALFWAY THERE!!!

Here's my belly progress:


YEAH! We made it to the halfway mark! I can't believe in 20 wks (maybe less, but hopefully not more) Adam & I will be parents! I get butterflies every time I think about meeting our baby. It's going to be amazing when Adam tells me whether we have a son or daughter and then when they place the baby on my chest.........and then it's official, "I'm a MOM!"

A little Q&A:
How far along?
20 wks! Halfway there!
Total weight gain/loss:
+18 lbs.
Maternity clothes?
Just a couple shirts, that’s it. I just ordered some shirts, a pair of jeans, and shorts this wk. I still fit into some of my regular jeans that were just a bigger size; let me remind you they are low-rise. I am finally starting to show a little and am loving my bump:)
Stretch marks?
Not yet and hopefully never!
Sleep:
Some nights I sleep well, others I don't. I wish I could sleep straight for 7-8 hrs, which would be AWESOME! I sleep with pillows on both sides so when I roll side to side I have something to cuddle with.
Best moments this week:
Making it halfway through this pregnancy, seeing the baby for the first time, and feeling the baby move! Oh ya, today we went and registered too.
Movement:
Yes! Especially today for some reason! Adam & I went out for breakfast and let's just say Baby C is a "true Carriker." I say this because Carriker's love breakfast and when I finished eating, little C was moving around like crazy; he/she must have really enjoyed those pancakes!
Food cravings:
Not really! (Maybe ketchup!)
Labor Signs:
No, and hopefully not for a long time!
Belly Button in or out?
In
What I miss:
Being able to bring the little daredevil out in me. I now have to think about Baby C baking away inside.
What I am looking forward to:
Most of all I look forward to holding this little one in my arms. I’m also excited for Adam to be able to feel the kicks.
Weekly Wisdom:
Watch out for foods that can make me gassy and try to stop drinking after 6 p.m., to help with multiple bathroom trips at night.
Milestones:
Big positive sign on the pregnancy test. Hearing Baby C’s heartbeat. Feeling movement. Seeing Baby C. Slowly growing out of my clothes. Registering for baby things. Getting the nursery ready.

I think
I've finally officially 'popped!' One of my friends made the comment that I look like I am pregnant now! However, I asked Adam today if you could tell and he said, "Kind of!" Nonetheless, I am just so thankful to have made it this far and can't wait for the end of this summer.

“My salvation and my honor depend on God ; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.”-Psalm 62:7

No comments: