Thursday, March 12, 2009

Our Babymoon & Baby Kicks

Our Babymoon to Jamaica was AMAZING! It was so nice to get away just the two of us and have some much needed R & R! We had a great time and really didn't want to come back to reality; however it' s nice to be back home (of course once I got everything done around the house it was nice to be home).

We arrived in Jamaica around 7:30ish and onto a bus we were loaded. It took us almost an hour and a half to get to our hotel because we had to drop off other people at different resorts and we hit a little traffic. Both of us were exhausted, but so excited to be in Jamaica. When we were finished checking in, it was Buffet time. And well it was not great. Adam and I were really disappointed in the food.
The next morning I woke up to the ocean. It was so nice to open our deck door and look at the ocean and just hear the sounds of the waves. What a relaxing feeling?!

Tuesday and Wednesday we laid low and took it easy. Quality time at the beach reading and relaxing and we even played some beach volleyball. Adam was all over playing volleyball; I played one morning and had some knee wounds to show for it. Adam enjoyed a ride on a jet ski. It was the first time he'd been on a jet ski and the guy just said, "Here's the throttle and there's no brake!" Oh ya, and right before that Adam was putting on the life jacket and it really didn't fit the best and Adam said something to the guy. And he just said, "Well, you can swim right?!" Anyway, Adam had fun riding the jet ski. Wednesday night we ate at the Japanese restaurant that they had at our resort. We both ate our whole supper with chop sticks. I think we did this in part because we didn't have silverware on the table and then we were just having fun with it playing around with them. We were both pretty proud when we finished eating everything (even rice) with two sticks.


Thursday we went tubing down a lazy river. We had to pick excursions that we thought would be safe for the baby and me. On our way to the inside of the rain forest we drove through some Jamaican towns. It was really neat seeing there way of life verses ours. Right before we got to the river, we had to drive through all these orange trees and Adam and I both joked that we felt like we were headed for a rebel camp. It was crazy driving off road in the middle of the rain forest. Before we went were able to go tubing, our guide insisted he wanted to arm wrestle Adam. For never lifting weights in his life, he actually had some pretty big biceps. Anyway, Adam showed him what lifting weights can do for you when arm wrestling:) It was really fun going through the rain forest in a tube down a river. It was a gorgeous day and we had some really funny guides. One of the guides heard I was pregnant and said "Your having a boy!" Then he said it again later on; Adam asked him how he knew and he said "I can see his head!" Adam then was like, "Where are you looking?" Oh somethings that were said on that lazy river should never be repeated!

Friday we hung out at the beach for awhile and then we went on a sunset cruise. It was more like a spring break party cruise, but it was well worth it to me to see the sunset. They took us on a big catamaran to a place called Rick's Cafe. We anchored there for a while and if you wanted to you could jump off the boat and swim over to the Cafe. At the Cafe you could jump off a 75ft cliff into the ocean if you wanted to. I would have totally done this if not for Baby C; Adam even said he would have done it. Nonetheless, we sat and watched people dive, belly flop, and straight leg off the cliff. They had some professional divers that work there and they were really fun to watch. They would go even higher than 75 ft and do hand stand and then flips. It was just relaxing watching them, listening to Jamaican music, and enjoying the peaceful sunset. As we pulled up the anchor and headed back, we were able to watch the sunset below the ocean. I absolutely love sunsets and was so happy to be able enjoy this very peaceful one.

Saturday we went snorkeling. After a ride on the same boat we took the night before we got to the reef and were able to look at the amazing ocean below. I love just watching all the fish swim around. All I could think about was Nemo and Dora looking for his dad! After a fast snorkel, because the water was really choppy we headed to half moon beach for a Jamaican BBQ. It took us a long time to get there since we were headed into the wind and it felt like our boat was a ride. It was really bumpy, rocky, and wet. I thought of it like a ride and enjoyed it all. Anyway, once we actually got to the beach it was fun. The BBQ was good and we soaked up some more sun.

Sunday was our last full day there. I woke up early to get reservations to the Steakhouse, since Adam had previously gotten up early so we could eat at one of the restaurants. Anyway, it was confusing because in Jamaica they don't spring ahead, but I didn't know this until we woke up and our phones had not changed time. I called the front desk and asked what the time was, so we could get all straightened out. After I got our reservation we enjoyed a relaxing day on the beach. Adam played volleyball, we read our parenting books, and we even shopped a little. We bought Baby C a onezie and a monkey (to go in it's nursery) that both say Jamiaca. Adam had never played tennis before and I haven't played since high school, so we went and played some games. We just made up our own scoring mechanism, because neither one of us remembered the exact way to score tennis. We scored it like you would in ping-pong, which allowed us to play longer too. It was fun and let's just say mommy and baby were pooped afterward running all over the court. Sunday night turned into quite the ordeal for me. We were enjoying our nice meal at the Steakhouse, which was surrounded by some shallow pools and right by the beach. As we finished our meal, we asked our waitress to take our picture. As we stood up and took the picture, my leg began to itch. I then looked down and saw ants all over my feet. They were sworming a big bug I had killed when we started eating. Anyway, I was getting bitten and I was totall grossed out. I grabbrd my stuff and got to the water, where I took my shoes off and submerged my feet. Adam was banging my shoes when they started to get on him too. Nonetheless, I think I only ended up with a couple bites, but I was completely disgusted the rest of the night.

Monday we were at the hotel until 3, when we had to head back to the airport. We left around 7:30 and got to our home around midnight. Every night Adam and I would take the cribbage board down to the show area and play until the show started. A lot of people would look at us playing cribbage, because we are such a young couple to know how to play such an old game. It was a great Babymoon and I am so happy we were able to have sometime together just as a couple.

My highs were: beating Adam in Cribbage, enjoying the ocean, reading under the sun, and spending time with my best friend.

Pregnancy updates: I have begun to feel very distinct flutters and kicks. They started last week and as I sit and type I keep feeling them. We just went and got some ice cream and since then the baby has been moving around. I am finally feeling good and think I am over this morning sickness stuff. However I have said this before and then it came back, so who knows. The one nice thing about getting back home, is that my body needed to get back onto a schedule. My body is very structured in the way it operates and when things get changed up, my body tends to go nuts. I am happy to say everything is back in order and all is going well thus far. I am getting excited to go to the Dr.'s in a wk and a half, so we can see what Baby C is up to. I can't believe I am almost halfway there. I can still fit into most my cloths. Some jeans are tight, but if they were a bigger pair to begin with, then they would still fit. Adam will look at me sometimes and be like, "Wow, you're belly is getting big!" I tell him the same thing back:) At night I sit and rub my belly and give thanks to the Lord for this blessing!

Side note:
My house is clean, laundry is finished, and I am finally caught up on mail & bills. I feel like we've been going nonstop since we've been home. I hope tomorrow settles down a little and that this weekend is peaceful.

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."- Psalm 118:24

No comments: