Saturday, September 5, 2009

A surgery & Jr only 1 night feeding

So life threw us a curve ball Thursday night, A was injured in his first game this year. Jr and I stayed home, while Adam played in his first preseason game; however, it was the last preseason game for the team. Into the third quarter he was taking on an o-lineman when he heard popping in his shoulder. He knew exactly what had happened, because it had happened his first year except it was the other shoulder. I learned of the news after the game when I was talking to A to see how he played, since it wasn't on TV like it said it was going to be.

Friday he had an MRI done and they concluded that he will need surgery on his subscapularis muscle (which suffered a 75% tear). We're all in good spirits, but it's definitely a downer for the season. A will most likely have surgery at the end of next week either in AL or TX, depending on which dr we decide to go with. The plus side of all of this is we've been through it before, so we know what to expect. Also, another positive is that he will be home a lot more and will be able to really watch Jr grow these next couple months.

Friday night Jr took only one feeding during the night. He slept from 9:30-3:00! I fed him 6oz at 8:30 and put him down at 9:30. My goal was for him to last until 3, of which I would then feed him again and hope he'd last till at least 7:30. He woke up at 12:30, but after a diaper change, paci, and some rocks with mom he was out. Somehow we made it till 3:00, which I was impressed by especially when he woke up earlier then I expected. At 3:00 I fed him 5oz and back to bed he went till about 6:45 this morning. I got up and did my best to pacify him till 8:00, which really wasn't that hard as soon as he fell asleep. I'm really hoping tonight goes just as well as last night did.

Last night PJ & Shannon got here really late and will be staying through Monday. Today we've been taking it easy watching college football and enjoying each others company!

“The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.”-Psalm 119: 130

No comments: