Monday, September 14, 2009

A recovering & 7 wk highlights

I can't believe Jr will be 8 wks old tomorrow! Time is going by so fast and before I know it he'll be sitting up and crawling around. That's going to be so crazy to even see him roll over.

Saturday was a great day. I had a fun day with Jacob and really enjoyed some mommy and son time. We watched college football all day long and just hung out together. He's really one of the greatest gifts God has given me. The love I have for my son is unconditional and something I can't even explain. I can now fully understand how God the Father loves each one of his children (us) so much. Saturday night PJ & A finally made it back home. Nancy also flew in Saturday night. She's here for 11 days to help out around the house. It's been nice to have an extra pair of helping hands to help with the baby and A. We finally got A's meds changed today in hopes that he won't get sick anymore. Since he's been home the nausea hasn't let up and today he felt terrible. I really hope this new medicine helps A's pain, but without the nausea feeling. I feel so bad for him, and hate when there's nothing I can do for him.

I've gone back to pumping every 2 hrs during the day and every 3 hrs during the night. I'm slowly getting my extra supply up (to store in the fridge) and some how manage to feed my hungry hippo his 6-7 oz that he wants at almost every feeding. I tried rice cereal in his bottle Friday night in hopes that it would help fill him up a little more, however it didn't work quite as planned. I'm going to call the dr tomorrow and see what I can do for any possible supplementing (without using formula). I'm also going to ask him about my supply and what I can do so it meets baby J's demands. Jacob is really starting to fill out in his legs, belly, and head. It's so exciting for me to see him grow out of his "newborn" clothes. I still can't believe how much he eats some times. I really think he's going to be big like his daddy and uncles.

Today Jacob threw up his 11:00 feeding all over himself and me; poor guy and poor mommy. Obviously something upset his stomach, which wasn't a surprise considering my stomach has been upset lately. Nonetheless, his next feeding he ate just under 7 oz and probably would have ate more, but I didn't want everything to come back up again. At least the rest of the day everything has stayed down.

It's been really strange having A around this past week. It was even stranger to watch the Rams play yesterday with him. The Rams not only lost, they didn't even score. I really hope this year goes better then the past 2 years have gone.

Jr 7 wk highlights:
-Went on first big trip out of state. Traveled to Houston for daddy's surgery.
-1st airplane ride. He did wonderful and never fussed the whole way.
-1st time staying in a hotel. Slept in his stroller and didn't seem to mind it.
-Met Grandma Carriker for the first time. She came to help out since daddy had surgery and only has one operating arm right now.
-1st time had rice cereal threw his bottle. He seemed to like it a lot. I only did Friday and Saturday night. I want to talk to the dr before I keep doing it.
-Holds his head up for long periods of time.
-Continues to grab at everything.
-Moves his arms like crazy. Doesn't matter if he's feeding, hanging out, or sleeping, his hands are always up and usually moving.
-Goes down at 9:00ish and wakes up at 2:15-30ish for a feeding, then back to bed until 7:00ish.

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.”-Philippians 2:1-2

No comments: