Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sleeping through the night!

Oh so much to talk about, now where to begin.....let's start with what Jr has been up to.

Recently Jr has begun to fight a new battle, "The battle of the arm." Jr is attempting to get himself onto his side, except there's a problem.....the other arm is getting stuck. It could be awhile before he figures out how to get it under himself and roll over. I've never seen a baby work so hard and be so determined to move himself. I love his determination to conquer this challenge; a true characteristic of who he is (something he gets from his mommy and daddy).

Jr is sleeping through the night! I can't believe it our 8 wk old son sleeps from 9:30ish to 5:00! Wednesday was the first night he slept through the night and has continued thus far. After he had another bottomless pit night where he ate just shy of 8oz, we put him down right around 10 and he slept till 5. I set my alarm to get up and pump at 1:30. I pumped and headed back to bed. When I woke up I felt like I needed to pump and go the bathroom and then Jr started to cry. I couldn't figure out what was going on, because I thought it hadn't even been an hour since I'd done all of those things. I grabbed my watch only to then realize it was 5 in the morning. I jumped for joy after figuring out what was going on. After I fed him about 4oz he fell asleep again and slept till 8. So our new routine begins: last feeding 8:30, change, then to bed, wake up at 5 change and feed, then sleep till 8 and start our day.

Thursday morning my mom called me on her way to work to tell me about her and my dad's night. She explained to me how the state patrol had called my dad and told him they needed him to come down to my brother's pivot. They told my dad they couldn't explain it over the phone, but really needed him to get over there. Everything was racing through my parents mind to why the state patrol needed them to come over to the field. Was it an accident, fugitive loose, or the end gun hitting the road, what could it be? When they finally got to the field there were about 7 state troopers and a helicopter flying around. The state patrol man then explained to my dad that some people had been growing marijuana in my brother's field. They took out four rows of corn the length of the pivot and planted weed in place. My brother than took care of the weed not even knowing it by watering and spraying it. Only in rural NE would something like this happen. My parents couldn't believe that less than a mile from their house were people growing marijuana; it's kind of scary.

Thursday Jacob got to meet all the ladies at bible study. I'm excited about this year's study; it should be quite interesting because we have some nonbelievers so their insight on things should be interesting. After study it was off to PT. Jr does wonderful with us taking him everywhere and we couldn't ask for anything else from him.

Friday was quite the busy day for baby Jacob. We started the day off by heading to daddy's PT, which he started on Wednesday. We'll have to take him every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It was then a rush to get home, pump and leave for lunch with the girls. Shannon J is expecting in Nov and her husband was recently released from the team; however we didn't get to throw her a shower before all of this happened. She insisted that she didn't want a shower, so we agreed that a lunch with some of the wives would be fun. It was so nice to visit with everybody and talk about babies. Molly brought Georgia, who is 2 days younger than Jr is, so it was fun seeing them together. Georgia kept staring at Jr, but Jr wanted nothing to do with her. I'm sure this won't be the case for long. By the time we got home Jr was shot and mommy felt terrible for dragging him everywhere. He was a little restless, but after a good solid feeding he was doing a little better. We went out to Red Robin for supper and topped the night off with some ice cream.

Saturday we spent the day watching college football and relaxing. The Huskers lost, so it was kind of a sad day. Overall though it was a great day with my son, hubby, and mil.

Today I woke up with a terrible stomach ache and really did not feel well. I'm finally starting to feel better and am really glad I decided to take it easy today.

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.”-Philippians 2:1-2

No comments: