Thursday, July 9, 2009

Practice makes Perfect?!

Tuesday night was quite a crazy night for A & I. Around 10 I started having contractions. After about an hr, A started to time how long they were and how much time between them. For over an hr they were a minute long and 5 minutes apart, which technically means we should have headed to the hospital. However, I wanted to stay home for a little longer to see if they'd go away. My hips were killing me and the contractions were really strong in my back and then moved to the front. All of this lasted from about 10pm to 4am. During the last couple hrs the contractions finally started to slow down and weren't quite as long (30 secs). Once there started to be more time between the contractions (8-9 mins), I was able to rest a little and then eventually just passed out around 4 from exhaustion. The medicine Dr. P had prescribed me earlier helped to stop the contractions over time. I told A, that it was just a practice run for us and now we are ready for the real thing (which hopefully won't happen for awhile). The other day I talked to my Dr about the whole ordeal Tuesday night and was instructed if it happens again to go to the hospital and get a shot to stop the contractions. A did wonderful during this whole little "practice run" and needless to say we are now seeing how close we are to meeting Baby C.

Yesterday I had the nesting bug really bad and although I only had 3 hrs of sleep the night before I was wired. The car seat bases are installed, the diaper bag is packed and Mommy is getting anxious!

Today I still have the nesting bug, but I know how important it is for me and baby to rest and take it easy. A & I did however manage to get the house cleaned and I even got a haircut. I can't wait to see what these next couple weeks have in store for us.

Q & A:
How far along? 34 wks, 4 days!
Total weight gain/loss: +26 lbs.
Baby size: 4 lb 15 oz!
Maternity clothes? Yes! I really enjoy wearing some bigger shirts from bowl games and the Rams to lounge around in. At least with these shirts my basketball and I aren't stretching them out! I'm thankful it's summer, so I can just wear shorts and tanks most of the time.
Stretch marks? Not yet and hopefully never!
Sleep: About 2 hrs of consistent sleep at a time, then it’s a bathroom break and flip to the other side. Baby C loves to move around when I flip sides, which is always a joy feeling at 3 AM (seriously it is)!
Best moments this week: Getting to see the baby on the ultrasound.
Movement: Yes! Every day Baby C is moving around all day/night long and makes mom laugh when her belly jiggles. Baby C even gave Daddy a little kick in the head when he was resting his head on mommy's tummy the other day. It was a priceless moment:) Lately, every morning Baby C has woken Mommy up by doing somersaults in her belly.
Food cravings: Watermelon and milk!
Labor Signs: Yes. I'm 1 cm dilated and completely thinned out. The other night I spent almost six hrs experiencing contractions.
Belly Button in or out? Still in.
What I miss: I've been grounded for the rest of the pregnancy, so I can't workout (beside limited walking and pool) and I can't go anywhere in case I go into labor.
What I am looking forward to: Possibly meeting Baby C this month. I hope we can make it to the beginning of August, but when God says it's time, we're ready!
Weekly Wisdom: Enjoy every moment of this pregnancy and the blessing of life inside of me! Take it easy; Baby C is almost here!
Milestones: Learning how far along I already am. Experiencing hard and consistent contractions. Seeing how my body is getting ready for the arrival of Baby C!

“I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.” -Psalm 138:2

No comments: