Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Birth Plan-Check, Nursery-Check, It's getting so close!

Baby C's arrival is getting so close and I'm getting oh so more anxious about everything. I can't believe in less than a month and a half I'll finally be able to hold this precious gift from God in my arms.

A & I have been busy checking things off our to do list before the baby comes. Finishing our birth plan really started to have things settle in for me that the big day is nearing. Every night A & I work on breathing & relaxing techniques that we plan to use during l & d. I really enjoy this time together and gives us special bonding time with each other and the baby. The other day we finished the nursery and packed the diaper bag; now all we're waiting on is the final touch, the arrival of Baby C! A & I love just going into the nursery and picturing what it's going to be like when Baby C is here. A recently told me that his new favorite room is the nursery. It so sweet to find him in there playing with some of the toys and just hanging out in the baby's room. Each day I manage to keep marking things off my to do list and with each check I know we're one day closer to meeting Baby C.

Today A & I are taking it easy around the house getting more things done on our list and running a couple errands. This afternoon we're going to Ice Age III: Dawn of the Dinosaurs and HuHot's, what a great date day it's going to be with my hubby?!

This Friday Adam's cousin James, his wife Kim and their 4 girls are coming to celebrate the fourth. It'll be nice to spend time with family and enjoy shooting off some fireworks.

Baby C loves "pumping iron" every day and steeling all of Mom's energy in doing so. I've been so exhausted lately and find afternoon naps almost essential for me to function, especially because at night Baby C and I are only sleeping a few hrs at a time. Every time the baby kicks, I really can't help but give thanks for this gift of life. At night when Baby C is moving around in the excitement of hearing his/her Daddy read to him/her, I can't help but praise Him for everything He's blessed me with. Thank you God for the amazing blessings in my life!

“For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.”-Romans 12:3

No comments: