Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dr's appt

It's getting close, actually closer than we expected. Today I had my 34 wk appt to see how things are going with me and baby. We had an ultrasound and got to see Baby C just hanging out. Everything looked good and Baby C is measuring great all over. We then had our regular dr. appt where he checked me. I knew something had to be happening, because I've had an increase in pressure every day and today has definitely been no exception. Today I probably had one of the hardest times working out because I simply had so much pressure that it hurt to move. So when Dr. P told me I was completely thinned out and 1 cm dilated, it really was no big shock. As of now my work outs are restricted to limited walking and swimming around in the pool (no laps though). He also put me on some medicine to help stop all the contractions I've been having. His goal right now is to keep me pregnant as long as he can. We're hoping to make it to 36 or 37 would be even better.

Here's the details from today:
-My bp: 110/72
-Baby C heart rate: 132 bpm
-Weight: +26 lb
-Weight of Baby: 4 lb 15 oz (40th percentile)

It was strange because A & I had planned something for this weekend, but decided it was best for me and baby to stay put. It's just one of the many times (& many more to come) we've had to put Baby C's health and well being before our own. The good news is that Baby C looks great all over and is head down and ready to come out, now the question is when!

“As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.”-Psalm 18:30

No comments: