Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Baby Shower!

Yesterday was my baby shower! It was so amazing and I'm so thankful for all my friends and family that took the time to make it a special day for Baby C and I! I was blessed with so many gifts and there's not one thing we can't use right away, which makes things really start to settle in that we have a little over 2 months to go before the big surprise and arrival of Baby C. YEAH! I'm so excited/anxious/happy for the arrival of Baby C!

The girls did the shower around the nursery theme, which is Spelling Bee. They decorated the cake, cards, favors, etc. all based around jungle animals (which I'm absolutely love). We ate wonderful food and yummy cake! We played 2 games: how big is momma's belly and who can chug from a bottle the fasts. How big is momma's belly was quite the interesting experience. One girl measured how big my tummy is and then the other girls had to cut string to see how big I was and the closest one won! Some girls made their strings super long, although they reassured me they didn't mean anything by it. What a great game! The other game was to see who could chug water from a bottle the fastest. I've never seen so many grown women try so hard to get something out of a bottle; I've also never seen so many women grab their face's afterwards because their cheeks hurt. A lot of the ladies couldn't believe how hard it was to get the water to come out; so much for the rotting reflex like a baby is born with. One of the girls made a diaper cake, which A thought was funny! I can't believe how many diapers, binkies, medicine, butt paste, etc. she was able to tie onto the cake. It looked so great and I didn't really want to take it apart, but I knew the diapers had to get put away because we'll need them before long! I also received some homemade gifts, which are always so dear to have and cherish. My Grandma gave us a hand tied quilt, knitted blanket and wood bear. Kathy gave us an animal quilt and adorable embroidered onesie! One of the host made/decorated a step stool for Baby C. A thinks it's the neatest thing. I think he can just picture his little son/daughter standing on it over the sink brushing their teeth! Between the video monitor, swing, infant-toddler rocker, caddy, picture frames, swaddlers, books, and nursery/baby essentials, the gifts were wonderful. The gals, games, and gifts were all wonderful and I felt so blessed to be showered with so much! The rain showers began to fall just as we were getting ready to leave a wonderful party; how appropriate! A was speechless when he opened the back of the SUV. We went through everything when I got home, so he could see who got us what. He couldn't believe how generous everybody was and how much we got for Baby C! Overall, I really couldn't have asked for a better day and am so thankful to have the family and friends that I do.

Yesterday was amazing, however today has been a little rough. The past 2 nights I've had heartburn (radiating from my knee caps-seriously)! I've been very fortunate this far not to have had to deal with this, until now. Last night was absolutely terrible. I couldn't sleep because I had what felt like a gas/fire bubble inside of me. I finally got up around 4:00 ish after tossing and turning for a couple hours. I finished all my thank you's for the shower and ordered the baby shower pictures online. I've tried to eat a little here and there, except everything just seems to come back up. Nonetheless, it's been kind of a rough day, but in the end I would go through this for years just to be able to hold the blessing of a child in my arms. I'm so thankful for the little wiggle worm inside of me and give thanks every time I think about the amazing blessing of Life! I do wish though that these pains would go away or at least ease up a little.

This coming weekend I'm headed to Lincoln for a good childhood friend's wedding. A has his last mini-camp starting tomorrow and running through Saturday. I can't wait to see my parents, brother and sister-in-law this weekend. The wedding should be lots of fun because a lot of us that grew up together will be there and most of us haven't seen each other in at least a year, if not more. I'm hoping I feel great the whole time and truly take advantage of my last little get away before I'm here for the rest of the summer.



“Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross!”-Philippians 2: 5-8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie. It looks like you had a great baby shower. I can't wait to be able to do the fleece blanket for baby C. When baby C. is born that is when the education begins. Baby C. will let you know his/her wants and needs. It looks like you received a lot of nice gifts. Dave is doing fine. He's taking a nap right now. I'm trying to be quiet so he can sleep. It'll take awhile for him to get his strength back and be back to normal. I hope that the heart burn gets better. I know that it can be miserable. We Love You Both! Take care of my grandchild. God Bless, Nancy