Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Less than 10 wks & Ty's Wedding!

Time really does seem to be flying bye like crazy and I can't believe in less than 10 wks (almost 9) I'm going to be a "Mommy!" YEAH! I'm so excited, anxious, nervous, happy, and the list could go on forever and ever. I don't think I've ever been so excited to meet someone in my whole life!

This past weekend I headed back to NE for a childhood friend's wedding. Ty, I and the rest of the clan grew up as diaper buddies and have all remained close throughout all these years. It was great getting to see a lot of my friends I was close to in high school and catching up on old times. My parents came down for the weekend too; it was so great to see them. I also got to see PJ & Shan, which is always a treat too!

Friday night everybody picked me up from the airport and we headed to the Horse Shoe buffet. We then went to the movie, Night at the Museum II. I had already seen it, but was happy to go to it again. I still thought it was just as good and so did everybody else. When we went back to the hotel, I was treated to some more baby shower gifts! PJ, Shan, Jeff, and Ang had all gotten Baby C some great gifts; oh, how I can't wait to use them in less than 10 wks! By the end of the night I was missing A like crazy and was sad that he couldn't come with me because of good ol' mini camp.

Saturday my parents and I did some baby shopping. It was great getting to spend time with them and of course shopping for baby things is always fun. My mom is super excited and really can't wait to come and help me out for at least that first week with Baby C. She really does love spoiling her grandchildren and Baby C loves being spoiled! I think this is really going to work out well for all parties involved!
While we were shopping I picked up some Husker gear, so Baby C is ready for the football season! I finished a list of everything we need to get for the baby before the big day comes. I'm hoping over the next couple of weeks that we'll have almost everything check marked off and we'll be ready to go.

Saturday evening we headed to the wedding and reception. Everybody couldn't believe how big I'm getting and well that "I'm pregnant!" Seeing Ashlie, Jenny, Tim, Joel, Chase, Sam, and Ty was such a treat and I'm so happy I was able to make it back for such a special day. Overall it was a great weekend with friends and family and a nice little get away. It was crazy to think when I was saying "see ya later" to my parents, that the next time they see me I'll either be in labor or we'll be holding their 2nd grandchild.

Being back with everybody really made me miss living closer to our family and friends. I missed A like crazy this weekend and was so happy when he picked me up from the airport. He is such a sweetheart and I'm so lucky to call him my husband! He cleaned the whole house, so when I got home I didn't have to do anything. He's so great! Oh, how God has blessed me with some very incredible people in my life!

A little Q&A:
How far along? 30 wks, 2 day!
Total weight gain/loss: +22 lbs.
Baby size: A big squash! Roughly 3 lbs and 15-17 in!
Maternity clothes? Yepper! I have a couple bigger shirts from bowl games and the Rams that have become my favorite lounge around tees. At least with these shirts my basketball and I aren't stretching them out! I'm thankful it's summer, so I can just wear shorts and tanks most of the time.
Stretch marks? Not yet and hopefully never!
Sleep: About 2 hrs of consistent sleep at a time, then it’s a bathroom break and flip to the other side. Baby C loves to move around when I flip sides, which is always a joy feeling at 3 AM (seriously it is)!
Best moments this week: Having my baby shower and getting so many wonderful gifts!
Movement: Yes! Every day. Baby C loves when Daddy reads to him/her and when mommy plays music for him/her. Baby C also let's mommy know when he/she is hungry. I'm doing daily kick counts now and love feeling the rolls and punches!
Food cravings: Strawberries, watermelon and milk!
Labor Signs: No, just some BH!
Belly Button in or out? In. Becoming a little deformed though!
What I miss: I still miss: laying on my back; being able to bend over and tie my shoes with out having to sit down on my bottom, I can’t breathe if I just bend over and try to tie them; and I also miss something’s I do when I workout (run, abs, jump rope, etc).
What I am looking forward to: Most of all I look forward to holding this little one in my arms! I'm also looking forward to getting everything done on my lists before Baby C comes. Oh, it's getting so close! I'm also looking forward to figuring out a boy name. A and I worked on our name lists last night and managed to add a name to our list! So now we have 4 boy names we like, not just 3!
Weekly Wisdom: Enjoy every moment of this pregnancy and the blessing of life inside of me!
Milestones: Having my baby shower! Seeing my parents for the last time before I pop! Feeling movement all the time!

Like I've said many times before, this is still very surreal to me! A and I talk that it won't really set in until we see our son/daughter for the first time! It's going to be absolutely amazing! In fact amazing probably can't even begin to explain how it's going to feel!

“The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.”-Habakkuk 3:19

No comments: