Thursday, June 18, 2009

Strange Baby Dream & My ABC's!

Lately all I do is dream about what it'll be like when Baby C finally arrives! I'm so anxious/excited/well honestly words can't describe everything I'm feeling when I think about holding my baby for the first time. Overall, I've been feeling great. My body is definitely starting to feel the effects of being 8 months pregnant and it being summer time in MO. The past couple days I find myself really tired in the afternoon and almost always needing a nap to function past 5 o'clock. Overall though, Baby C and I are doing great; just growing like crazy! It really seems to day to day with how I'm feeling, but I definitely have more good days than bad (which is great).I can tell Baby C is starting to run out of room inside my tummy. It's really neat though, because I can feel its foot/elbow/hand/head/butt/etc. which is so amazing! Yesterday, A & I put together the glider for the nursery. We both absolutely love it and even practiced gliding a little with teddy in our arms. The nursery is almost all put together and then all we'll be waiting on is the arrival of Baby C! A & I just keep counting down the days until we get to meet him/her! We're so excited!

The other night I had one of the strangest dreams ever. So every night before I go to bed I talk to God. I ask for many things and give thanks for all I've been blessed with. The other night I also prayed for something else. I prayed that I would dream about Baby C. I asked God to show me a sign whether Baby C was a boy/girl (such as a blue/pink blanket). After drifting off to sleep my baby dream came true. I was on a bus with some of my fellow classmates from high school (Ashlie, Wendy, Jenny, and a few others); Wendy, Jenny, and I were all expecting. The bus driver pulled over and got up from his seat. He started walking back to us and had some wrapped gifts in his hand, 1 pink and 2 blue colored gifts. I knew exactly what was going on. He was going to tell us whether we were having a boy/girl. I was kind of irritated because I didn't want to find out this way. Right at that same moment he hands Jenny a pink package! I was so mad inside because now I knew we were having a boy! I was mad because I didn't want to find out this way. I wanted A to be the one to tell me if it was a boy/girl and now A wasn't even there. I tried to pretend like I didn't seem him give Jenny the package, but I did. Now I knew Baby C was a boy! The bus driver than handed Wendy & I the blue gifts (Wendy recently just had a baby boy). Inside the gift was baby boy clothes. I was such a mess inside because I didn't know how I was going to tell A and I couldn't believe I'd waited this long to find out something so special by someone I didn't even know. Nonetheless, I've come to conclude that I'm very happy we are waiting till August to find out whether to buy blue/pink! To be honest, it's really not been that hard to not find out. In the world now days there really aren't that many surprises and well you can't get much of a bigger surprise than this-it's going to be awesome! A's face was priceless when I told him about my dream. So if in the end we do end up with a little boy, who knows maybe I can see into the future?!

A headed to Omaha early this morning and won't be back till tomorrow night:( I miss him so much already and can't wait for him to come home. We had to meet with our finical people and make sure all our ducks were in a line for the next 60 yrs! Looking at things today and making some crucial decisions about our future really made me feel old and all grown up. I wonder what I'll think when Baby C is finally born?! I really feel A & I have a good handle on our finances and our future for being so young.

Here's my ABC's:

A - Age: 23 (almost 24- in 5 days)

B - Bed size: King (with pillow top)

C - Chore you hate: Cleaning the shower

D - Dog's name: Rambo & Pebbles (or as some little kiddo's say, Rainbow and Petals)!!

E - Essential start your day item: Kiss from my hubby! Also, a toothbrush (I have to have clean teeth and great breath)

F - Favorite color: Green

G - Gold or Silver: Silver

H - Height: 5'4" (although I like to claim 5'5")

I - Instruments you play: I did play the piano, sax, and bells. But asking me to read music now, would be a challenge.

J - Job title: Carriker CEO (I keep the Carriker household running smoothly). Soon to be stay home mommy=)

K - Kids: One on the way, due in less than 60 days!

L - Living arrangements: Live in a home with my husband and two fur balls.

M - Mom's name: Mom! (j/k- Sheila)

N - Nicknames: Angie, Ang, Ann, AJ

O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: none

P - Pet Peeve: This is not a good ? for a pregnant lady=)

Q - Quotes from a movie: "Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!"

R - Right or left handed: Right. Although I can do things with my left pretty well.

S - Siblings: Two older brothers!

T - Time you wake up: Every 2 hrs! Get up around 6:30/7:00 A.M.

U - Underwear: Currently wearing. (Um, this is kind of personal)

V - Vegetable you dislike: mushrooms

W - Ways you run late: I usually don't; however, with a baby on the way this will probably change.

X - X-rays you've had: teeth, ankle many times, and finger

Y - Yummy food you make: A's fav is snicker doodle cookies and confetti cookies with frosting (yum)

Z - Zoo Favorite: Anything that is actually moving around and not sleeping in it's din!

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” -1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie, Just a quick note to wish you a Happy Birthday. We hope that you enjoy your day and all your dreams and wishes come true. I know that Adam will have a big day planned for you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! We love you and will be thinking about you today. Nancy and David