Friday, June 12, 2009

Nesting & Dr's Appt!

Nesting? Really, what's nesting? Well I never knew what expecting moms meant by feeling a need to get everything finished before the baby comes, nesting, until I have found myself doing it all the time. Seriously, I do my usual morning things, followed by whatever I need to get done for that day, and then it's off to conquer "My Nesting List!" Each day I've managed to check at least a couple items off my list, so I'm thinking by next week I'll have it all finished! Then time for Baby C, right?! Um, nope not for another couple months. However, knowing me I'll come up with more things to do because I find myself getting very restless lately. A just looked at me the other day and said, "Are you okay? You seem to be very, well restless Ang!" I said "I know, I am! It's driving me nuts" I'm tired, restless and so ready to hold Baby C in my arms! I can't believe in 8/9 wks or so this bundle of joy will be here. I can't wait; seriously I'm so anxious/excited/nervous/happy/etc for August! I've been feeling great and am so thankful to be having an easy pregnancy right now; hopefully I continue to feel this way until the end!

Here's the basics from today's appt: up 22 lbs total, Baby C's hr was 130 bpm (lowest its ever been), and my bp is 116/72. In a nutshell everything looks great with momma & baby! From here on out we go every 2 wks until our last month when we go every wk. Our next appt is the 25th. Today we talked to Dr. P about being induced a wk early to make sure A is present when I go into labor and have our child, since he has a game in New York 2 days before I'm due. We're talking possibly being induced around the 9-10, which is crazy to think about because that's less than 2 months away!!! I'll have a ultrasound around 36 wks and he'll start checking me around this time too. So once that time hits we'll have a better idea what the future looks like it holds. I seriously can't stop smiling while I'm writing this, because I'm so happy just thinking about holding Baby C!

After the Dr's we headed out for a "date afternoon!" Huhot's and Coldstone's is always a treat=) We then headed to Lazy Boy and then Babies R Us, where we purchased our glider for the nursery. I can't wait to get it in like 2 wks and just sit in the nursery dreaming about holding my baby! I think we're pretty much ready for Baby C to come home, well at least we have the basic essentials. I spent this past wk getting everything checked off my list and putting together some of our purchases. It's getting so close and I can't believe we're almost halfway through June! It'll be August before we know it!

"I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people."- Leviticus 26:12

No comments: