Sunday, June 14, 2009

9 wks and counting!

Less than 9 wks to go! We're getting so close and I'm getting so excited! I seriously can't stop smiling when I think about holding my baby for the first time=) The other day we received a cute gift in the mail for Baby C from Kathy and Bryson just to say they were thinking about us; how sweet?! I feel so blessed by God that I can't even fathom all that He has done in my life!

We went swimming the other day, well actually it was a little chilly so we hung out in the lukewarm tub! It was so relaxing hanging out with A and enjoying the day to its fullest! Baby C is always so calm when I'm in the water. I think he/she is going to love the water just like his/her mom and dad. We're off to do another relaxing pool afternoon in a little bit.

Overall I've been feeling great and love feeling Baby C move and roll around all the time! I love watching my belly just jiggle at times. Baby C is starting to run out of room and really has no where to go; it won't be long and he/she will have all the room in the world, until I swaddle him/her that is! Baby C always seems to calm down when A puts his hand on my belly, however every time he reads to Baby C at night, Baby C just goes nuts. I think they have already formed a special bond and I really can't wait to see A with his son/daughter. This very thought just melts my heart and I can't begin to tell you how special I feel to be married to the most amazing man ever and now I'm having his child! We're still trying to narrow down our boy names, but I think we have a front runner! It was funny because we got to church early yesterday and were just talking about names and then A was like, "So did we decide on a name?" We just looked at each other and laughed, because neither one of us really knew what to say! A and I talk about it daily and laugh at the fact that Baby C is probably a girl, so here we've brainstormed for the fun of it! I'm so happy A and I aren't finding out what Baby C is and letting him/her tell us on their birthday! You don't get too many surprises anymore in this world, so I'm so happy this is going to be the biggest surprise ever imaginable! It's going to be so amazing to hear A tell me whether we have a son/daughter and then hand him/her to me! Oh, I can't wait!

Today and every day I'm thanking Jesus for ALL (the good, the bad and the ugly..haha) things in my life, because I know He has a purpose for it ALL!!!

There's so many times I've wondered WHY? Why has God allowed us to go through something that seems to have no purpose, seems to be almost more than we can take. Because behind it all He has a message for us. In wondering this I stumbled upon an entry a woman made on a blog that explained it oh so well!

I am going to be SO SHINNY!!! When He is through with me!

Malachi 3:3 says, "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."

This verse puzzled some women in a bible study and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God.

One of the women offered to find out the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible Study.

That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining Silver.

As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.

The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot; then she thought again about the verse that says: 'He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver.' She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time.

The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed.

The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, "How do you know when the silver is fully refined?" He smiled at her and answered, "Oh, that's easy -- when I see my image in it."

If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has His eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His IMAGE IN YOU!!!

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”-Philippians 4: 6-7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adam, I want to wish you a Happy Fathers' to be Day. The due date is getting closer. It's nice that you can have this time off together before the baby comes. I hope that you have a get day. Only 9 weeks!! I love you!!!!

MOM