Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dr.'s Appt & Giving Thanks

The other night my heart just wanted to melt over what I was experiencing. Baby C decided to push it's little foot out the side of my tummy for A & I to feel. A put his hand on the foot, and then Baby C started to move around like crazy. A followed Baby C's foot all around the one side of my belly! It was so much fun watching him play with Baby C; I've never seen A so happy and excited. A is going to be an awesome daddy and I really can't wait to see him with our child. All I could do after watching and experiencing this was to give thanks for these two amazing blessing in my life.

Today we got to hear Baby C's heart beating loud and strong. Baby C had A & I laughing today. As Dr. P was taking Baby C's heart rate, his/her heart rate decided to speed up right away and then slow down again (this happened a couple times). We were listening to it and it sounded pretty slow (as normal) and then all of a sudden it sped up for a little bit and then slowed back down. It was the strangest thing to listen to, but Dr. P didn't seem to concerned. Here's the basics from today's appt: up 23 lbs total, Baby C's hr was 120/130 bpm (120 was baseline and then sped up to 130), and my bp is 114/76. Overall everything looks great and I'm feeling really good especially considering how close we're getting. At our next appt on the 7th we'll get to see Baby C again. Dr. P wanted to do an u/s to see how big Baby C is and check how everything else is going. We'll also start checking me this next time; it so crazy to think about how close we are to finally being able to meet this true miracle.

The other day I told A, "I would say my life is going really well, because I seem to be sending "thank you's" every week. I've been truly blessed and when I find myself thanking so many people for so many things, how can't I give thanks to God for everything (friends & family that love and care for me so much) He has granted me with! Life is good!"

"Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me."- Psalm 31:3

No comments: