Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Family here, Jr not himself, Mommy update, 17 wk highlights, Jr finally napping, 4 month check up

Okay so I meant to post this first part of my blog yesterday, but ran out of time and didn't get to it. So at the end I updated all the changes.

Saturday Keri, John, and the kids got to our house around noonish. I was greeted with a big hug from both Taylor and Dalton. They're so sweet and just love A & I to death. They were so happy to see us and even happier to meet their cousin. We went out to Red Robin for lunch and later that evening watched the Huskers win against KSU, making them the Big 12 North Champs. They head to Dallas to play the Longhorns at the new Dallas stadium. Unfortunately A or I won't be going to it, but it sure would have been a lot of fun. PJ, Shanoon, and Uncle Bill are just a few of the lucky people who are going.

Sunday everyone went to the game, while Jr and I stayed home. I can't wait to start going to the games again, however I don't think that'll be until next year. It's really not worth the hassle with a 4 month old; now if his daddy was playing of course we would be there, but he's not so there's really no reason for us to go. I can't believe next year at this time he'll be running around and terrorizing everyone and everything. I really can't even imagine him crawling and sitting up, which is not that far off from.

Monday we took it easy in the morning just playing and what not. Once it was time for Jr's afternoon nap we went shopping at Toys R Us for some Christmas gifts. At home I helped Dalton put together a Lego car he had got at the store, while Taylor babysat Jr. It was so cute because she asked if she could just play with him in the other room by herself. Jr loves Taylor and cried when she left the room. It was fun putting together the car with Dalton. I love to build things and can remember as a kid building things with Kenex for hours on end. I can just see myself now building things with Jr. Oh the things we'll be able to show daddy when he comes home from work. Okay enough day dreaming, back to what we've been up to. After supper Keri, Taylor, and I ran to get Taylor a snowglobe for good grades and went to the grocery store, where we bought way too much junk food! As soon as we got home it was bath, boob/bottle, bed for Jr who was more than ready to head to bed.

Jr is 18 weeks today (Tuesday)! We're headed to get his 4 month shots today. I have a feeling he might be a little fussy tonight, but am praying it goes like when he was 2 months and didn't have a single side effect. The kids and I built a Gingerbread house this morning. It was a lot of fun and you can definitely tell the difference between a boy and a girl. Taylor was putting the candy on the roof really nice and neat and Dalton on the other hand wanted to dump the candy out of the bag and just eat it and maybe put a little on the roof. I think the kids had a good time and of course were super happy because they got to build it with the coolest aunt ever. Jr took a 2 hr morning nap! I really can't believe it and I swear A & I didn't know what to do with ourselves. We fed him at 8 as usual and then again right before his nap. He woke up about 40 mins into, but I just went and gave him his paci and success back to sleep. Keri and John went and picked up Dave and Nancy from the airport, while we ran Jr to the dr.

Jr hasn't been himself the past 2 weeks. He's constantly fussy it seems like and wants to eat endless amounts of milk. He used to be on a great little routine and was the happiest and most content baby on the earth. However, ever since we've gotten back from NE he's not been himself. He used to nap really well, however he naps for about 30 mins at a time equalling 1.5 hr of total nap time. He did take a 2 hr nap this morning though, so maybe we're getting back on track. Thank goodness he sleeps like a champ at night, but we really need to figure out what is going on during the day. So here's an example of what yesterday (Monday) looked like: ate 8 oz and nursed a little for breakfast, took 3 oz just before his nap at 10, woke up screaming and mouthing his fist at 10:40, ate 11 oz at noon, napped from 2-2:50ish, ate 14 oz at 4:00, was mouthing his fist at 5:30, ate at 7:00, went to bed a little after 8:00. I can't believe how much he eats during the day and if we would let him he'd probably eat all day long. We definitely celebrate the fact that he sleeps so well at night, but am baffled how he can go 12 hrs without food, but can barely last 4 hrs during the day. We stopped all baby food and rice cereal to help him go the bathroom, which leads us to should we try rice cereal or not. It's something heavier on his stomach and would probably help him feel full, but it made him constipated so what to do. We also think he might be getting teeth. I don't think they're cutting through yet, but he definitely shows the signs of teething (drool, hands in mouth, fussy, etc.). So all things combined our little guy has had a rough couple weeks and obviously we're hoping the dr can answer some of our questions and give us some suggestions about what to do. Praying that Jr returns to his old self and that all becomes calm in the Carriker household soon. I am celebrating the fact he took a 2 hr morning nap!

Mommy update: I've developed a severe cold that I can't seem to kick. I woke up this morning feeling terrible; I was all congested in my chest and could barely breathe. Today (Tuesday) at Jr's dr, I am going to ask him what I can take since I'm breastfeeding. I can't believe how many things are starting to pile onto each other this week. Between Jr not being himself, my cold, company here and coming, and Thanksgiving in 2 days, I really think I'm going to need a vacation next week! Side notes: my pregnancy line is almost gone and I shed so much hair a day I think I could have made about 5 wigs so far. A tells me I shed more than Rambo, which I can't argue.

17 wk highlights:
-Officially turned 4 months according to the calender.
-Experienced first set of sniffles/cold. Luckily was able to fight it off, so it didn't turn into anything big.
-Loves to spend time with Grandma Tina and watching them snuggle together makes mom’s heart melt.
-Has been only napping for 30-45 min in the morning and afternoon, making for a grumpy baby at times. Trying some different things such as feeding Jr a little more and right before he goes down for his nap.
-Jr hasn't been pooping like normal. So we decided to stop all baby food and cereal for right now and are going to try and get his body back to being regular.
-Constantly chews on his fist, bib, your hand, pretty much anything he can get his hands on and up to his mouth. Is showing signs of teething, but don't have any teeth cutting through yet. He constantly acts like he's hungry, despite how much he might have just eaten. This boy truly has an unbelievable appetite.
-Met Uncle John and Aunt Keri for the first time. They both thought Jr was big and looked like A.
-Got to meet some of his cousins for the first time (Dalton and Taylor). Dalton insisted on giving him a hug all the time. It's so cute to watch him get down and hug him. Jr loves to stare at Taylor. Taylor is a big help with him and really likes to sit and hold him.
-The past 2 wks Jr just hasn't been himself and is leaving mommy and daddy wondering where their happy and content baby went. He's not bad by any means, he's just not himself (happy and content).
-Doesn't care for his car seat, especially when he's awake.

Okay so here's an update from yesterday afternoon thru part of today (Wednesday):
Jr is back to himself! Thank you God for my precious "Happy" boy! Yesterday (Tuesday), Jr took a good solid 2 hr nap in the morning. Ate a good lunch and then we headed off to the dr. He was just like a typical kid in the fact that he wanted to make liars out of mommy and daddy. He did great at the dr (we had to see the nurse practitioner) and she really couldn't get enough of him. Jr was all smiles and cooing during the whole visit, of course until the shots came. He really didn't cry that much after his shots and after a little milk went to sleep for his afternoon nap. We had to stop at Walgreens to pick up some white grape juice to put in his cereal so he doesn't get constipated. We got home the exact time that Keri and John did with Grandma & Grandpa Carriker. Jr stayed asleep for awhile in his car seat and as soon as he fussed around a little I moved him into his crib, where he took the rest of his 2 hr nap! Thank goodness! He had a really good evening until about a little after 8 when we went to put him down. He just started crying with his eyes shut and everything. After I got him calmed down he was out for about 40 min and then came a long 5 hrs of crying in his sleep. I think his legs were sore from the shots and every time he would move he'd cry because it hurt. I bounced, rocked, slept in the rocker, pretty much did everything last night until about 1:00 when A took over so I could pump. We put him down around 1:30 and he slept till a little past 7. This morning when he woke up, I just took him into our room and rocked with him (of which he fell asleep till a little before 8). As I type this right now we are on successful nap #1 of today......going on 1.5 hrs! Hints why I have time to write on this. Everyone headed down to the arch except for A, Jr, and I. A is at rehab and working out, and of course Jr is trying to get back on a schedule so we stayed behind. I really didn't think it would be worth dragging him along just to be in his car seat, of which he's not a big fan of when he's awake. Okay, so I better post this and get some lunch ready for Jr. Praying that the happiness continues and that we're back to normal.

4 month check up:
Height: 25 in (52%)
Weight: 16 lbs 6.5 oz (78%)
Head: 17 in (74%)
-Had second round of most of his shots. Did great at the dr office, however had a rough night because of the shots.
-Overall is doing great and is right on track developmental wise!

“Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”-Galatians 6:2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The A team, I'd like to thank you again for your wonderful hospitality, entertainment, and good food. I know that everyone had a wonderful time. We enjoyed our time you gave us with Jr. He is a happy baby and easy to take care of. Thanks for the night out for Dad's birthday. He enjoyed it. We were glad we could have sometime just with you guys. Angie, you did a nice job planning everything and the meals were great. I'm still sorry that Gina,Mark, and Aleah had to miss it. I know that when you have kids, you have to do whats best for them. I just pray that Aleah is better. Angie, I hope that you're feeling better also. I'd better go and get some housework done. I have meetings to go to at 12:30 today. Thanks again for everything.Give Jr. a huge from us and also Rambo. We love you all. Angie, remember you were going to make the Kodak pictures you send us so it doesn't require a password so we can get in and see to pictures. Thank you!! Mom and Dad,

P.S. Hobo sure was glad to see us!!!