Saturday, November 21, 2009

Jr 4 months, Busy getting ready for family, Naps

And so it is Saturday….ALREADY! And Jr is 4 MONTHS TODAY! I really can’t believe how fast time is flying bye. Thanksgiving is less than a week away and soon after is our anniversary, followed quickly by Jr’s first Christmas! Oh, tis the season! I absolutely love the holidays and am so excited to see our families.

I’ve been going non-stop this week and only have a little time to finish this blog before it’s time to clock in for my mommy and wifey duties. Nonetheless here’s a very quick recap of what we’ve been up to this week.

Tuesday was kind of like our typical day overall. We went out for dinner at Applebee’s and then to the grocery story to start getting some thing for when people get here for Thanksgiving. By the time we got home, it was unload and put away groceries before bath, bottle, and then bed. I stayed up to have some more “me” time, but I honestly stayed up because I needed to cook up some meat for next week. I managed to get one meal cooked and frozen.

Wednesday is our typical date afternoon, however we were going to pass this week because of everything we were trying to get done. After thinking about it for a while, I decided it might be a good idea if we ran to Sam’s and did a couple other errands Jr free. Knowing that Tina really wanted to watch him for a little bit, I shot her a text and she was all over it. Jr really loves when Tina comes over and the sight of them rocking together when we got home made my heart melt. It was just a reminder to me of how precious our little boy truly is and how amazing our God is to have created all of this. I hadn’t been to Sam’s in a long time, so we definitely loaded up for the holidays. Annie just watched in ah as A and I carried in boxes of corn, tp, paper towels, cereal, etc, etc. It was so funny because she told me, “I don’t think you need to go to the grocery store for a looooooooooong time!” Kids will tell you like it is! Gotta love ‘em! Yet again it was another busy evening and night. I stayed up late again to cook another meal for next week. I’ve been trying to get everything cooked (our dinner meals) for next week so we don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and can just enjoy everyone’s company.

Thursday we had bible study at our house. Jr got to see Georgia (his playmate), who is so much littler than him now. She just stares at him every time they’re together, but Jr could really care less. He would occasionally look at her, but was mainly fixated on everyone walking around and talking. He’s funny because he’s such a talker unless we’re in a big group of people, then he’ll just look around and will hardly say a word. Bible study was great and definitely something I needed this week. It always helps me to ground myself and take time for God. Most of Thursday evening turned into troubleshooting our Internet and kid. Jr had a good morning, but rough afternoon and was ready for his bath, bottle and bed by the end of the day. We’ve been trying to work on his naps, but I really think he’s still hungry which makes him wake up early. I’ve learned so much about myself and have really grown into a young confident mother over the past 17 weeks. Parenting is such a learning job each and every day. It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do, but yet probably the most rewarding job ever. Whenever I get frustrated or down I just look at my precious blessing from God and remember just how fortunate we are to have Jr. He always gets an extra squeeze and kiss then! And yes God gets many thanks then too! Luckily I didn't have to stay up late to cook a meal, because I was able to get it done during the day! I can't believe I got all our meals made and frozen, except for one!

Friday was full of one last run to the store, fixing our internet, cleaning the house a little, laundry, pretty much the usual things we had to do to ready for company. Vic came out and tried to fix our Internet. He was here for 2 hrs and still couldn’t figure it out. But long behold after 2 different routers and I don’t know how many hours later of trying to fix this thing, the computer Gods finally came through and I got us Internet late that night.

It always seems like everything just starts to pile onto each other all at one time. First it was Jr waking up early from his naps, then a mouse in our house (oh wait, make it 3! I don’t even want to talk about it), the internet goes out, I have another sore throat, Jr not pooping right, and well yes I could go on, but it’s not worth it. All I can say is that I’m so happy the holidays are here and I get to see my niece and nephew today and that Jr finally gets to meet some of his cousins! Keri and John should be here by 11:00ish today.

Jr side note:
-The cold/sniffles have completely gone away! Thank goodness. So we’ve yet to experience a full-blown cold.
-Loves to spend time with Grandma Tina and watching them snuggle together makes mom’s heart melt.
-Has been waking up 30-45 min into his naps. However after doing some ready last night I think A & I have finally figured out what is going on. We decided to feed him a bottle at every feeding except for his last feeding, of which I will nurse him and give him a bottle at the end if he wishes. We still want him to nurse sometimes, but nursing along I don’t think he gets enough and even though we try to give him a bottle at the end he usually won’t take it. So we’ve decided its time to make sure he’s getting enough to eat and then he will hopefully stop waking up during his sleep cycle. Thank goodness he continues to be a champ at night and sleeps 8:30-8:00. I really hope this works. The fun thing (and not so fun thing at times) of being a parent is the trial and error part. I guess we will see.
-Jr hasn't been pooping like normal, so we've had to use a suppository to help him out. I feel sorry for the little guy because you can see him just straining and pushing with all he has. Poor lil fellow has had a lot of gas lately too. We go in Tuesday for his 4 month check up, hopefully he's back to his regular self before then.

“[Thanksgiving] I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way—in all your speaking and in all your knowledge—”- 1 Corinthians 1:4-5

No comments: